Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Electra

Help My Daughter Has Dh And I Need Her To Have A Reaction Now!

Usually she has at least one or two spots, but she hasn't been eating lately and when she does she only wants bananas or potatoes, but she's going to the dermatologist tomorrow and I need her to have some spots.

Is there any foods that can initiate an "almost" immediates response. She's only 2 so I can't force her to eat anything, but I gave her a few ritz crackers and a some gold fish a few times last week and she only got one spot. She had a few goldfish crackers today and still has no spots. She's itching her hairline, so I think she's getting one there, but I really want one of her spots to be on her body somewhere and I'd really prefer a pretty big outbreak. Man why can you never get symptoms when you want them UG!!

Any suggestions?

~~Angie~~

DX'd With Narcolepsy In 1995

Dx'ed With Celiac On 12-18-06

Positive Biopsy On 2-1-07

DX'd With Pernicious Anemia 4-24-07

Daughter Has DH, so I suspect she also has Celiac!!

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've heard that iodine can cause a reaction if you put it on her skin. If you decide to try that I'd start with a very very small section. Like the tip of a q-tip. Just in case you get a big reaction.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Wow thanks for the info. It's worth a try right. I don't actually have any iodine, but I'll run to the store later and grab some!! I'll let you know what happens!!

~~Angie~~

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

why do you want to induce a reaction? has she not been officially diagnosed yet?

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

why do you want to induce a reaction? has she not been officially diagnosed yet?

Yes that's why because she has not been officially diagnosed yet. I tested positive and she tested negative with the blood test. My daughter has a rash that I'm sure is DH but it comes and goes, and I need the dermatologist to see this rash so that they will do a skin biopsy!!

~~Angie~~

You've probably already thought of this, but how about trying different gluten sources. Like a green drink with wheat grass, whole wheat pasta, rye crisp or bread, something with barley ...

marcia

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

You've probably already thought of this, but how about trying different gluten sources. Like a green drink with wheat grass, whole wheat pasta, rye crisp or bread, something with barley ...

marcia

Thanks so much for the suggestion Marcia. I'm trying like mad to get my daughter to eat gluten, but she just doesn't eat much of it. She'll eat a cracker here and there, or a half a piece of toast, but she won't eat much else. She's figured out that if she eats bananas, potatoes and popcorn that she doesn't get sick so that's about all she'll eat. Pretty smart for a 2 yr. old to figure out what makes her feel bad :o. I'm just afraid we are going to go in there and they are going to think I'm just a nutcase that wants tests run for no reason!!

~~Angie~~

From what I understand, you don't need a current outbreak for biopsy. The dermatologist should be able to take a sample from beside an old lesion. But I'll look into that information to confirm...I'll post back when I find it.

Michelle :)