Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrissy

Can You Keep Track Of Everyone?

just wondering if anyone else has trouble remembering who is who sometimes on this board? sometimes there might be a particular thing about someone that stands out to me for some reason and then i can keep track of them better-----but it just seems to happen (alot) that i can't keep peoples names and their particular symptoms connected. maybe i just don't post often enough?

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Chrissy,

I completely understand! It took me a long time to feel like I "knew" who some people were. I think its a combination of things....time spent posting, time since joining the board, etc. For me, people's signatures really helped a lot too (helped jog my memory).

But, its DEFINITELY not you!!!!!!!!! Especially with the board the size that it is, I think it's normal.

Laura

It really throws me off when people change their avatars.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

just wondering if anyone else has trouble remembering who is who sometimes on this board? sometimes there might be a particular thing about someone that stands out to me for some reason and then i can keep track of them better-----but it just seems to happen (alot) that i can't keep peoples names and their particular symptoms connected. maybe i just don't post often enough?

Yes, the board has really grown in the last little while. When I first joined I was 6,000 and something. (I had to re-join again after big problems with changing addresses and such) and now there is over 12,000.

Some come and go, and some names are close to other names, so I have to think about which one I'm posting too ...

And in my case .... it's probably an age thing too :lol:

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Hi Christine

the old 'friends list' had a place for additional comments and that's where I'd put things to help me remember.

IS there a place like that on the new format??

also there is a place under your

my controls' where you can cut and paste or type personal stuff.. maybe someone else can direct her better than I can on this 'snippet' thing.

judy

Judy in Southern CA

JUDY,

YOU CAN SHOUT AT ME ANY TIME!!

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

I don't have any trouble with knowing who is who--now. The first few months on the board were a different story. :huh:

I think it just takes some time, and it also (I think) depends on how much time you spend on the board.

And, it probebly has something to do with my being a bit of a busybody :D Yep, I admit it :ph34r:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

And, it probebly has something to do with my being a bit of a busybody :D Yep, I admit it :ph34r:

Shirley

Gluten free since 1989

JUDY,

YOU CAN SHOUT AT ME ANY TIME!!

OMG...I PRAY THIS IS A FUNNY HA HA JOKE FROM YOU.. :blink:

I'VE BEEN SO PARINOID ABOUT THIS SINCE SCOTT WROTE TO ME.

I'VE BEEN ON BORAD ABOUT 18 MONTHS SO HOPE MOST KNOW ME..BUT SURE THE NEBIES DON'T SO I USUSALY (ON A BAD EYE DAY) WARN THEM UP FRONT...ABOUT MY CAPS...

THINK YOU HAVE A DRY WIT AND 'TOUNGE IN CHEEK SENSE OF HUMOR---IF I REMEBER CORRECTLY...(JUST LIKE MY HUBBY!) I DON'T GET HIM SOMETIME EITHER.

HUGS TO YOU ANYWAY..

WAITING TO HEAR B) PS..THANKS FOR THE CAPS... :D

JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

OMG...I PRAY THIS IS A FUNNY HA HA JOKE FROM YOU.. :blink:

I'VE BEEN SO PARINOID ABOUT THIS SINCE SCOTT WROTE TO ME.

I'VE BEEN ON BORAD ABOUT 18 MONTHS SO HOPE MOST KNOW ME..BUT SURE THE NEBIES DON'T SO I USUSALY (ON A BAD EYE DAY) WARN THEM UP FRONT...ABOUT MY CAPS...

THINK YOU HAVE A DRY WIT AND 'TOUNGE IN CHEEK SENSE OF HUMOR---IF I REMEBER CORRECTLY...(JUST LIKE MY HUBBY!) I DON'T GET HIM SOMETIME EITHER.

HUGS TO YOU ANYWAY..

WAITING TO HEAR B) PS..THANKS FOR THE CAPS... :D

JUDY

MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL USE CAPS, AND THEN WE WOULD ALL BE THE SAME AND YOU CAN READ ALL THE POSTS WITHOUT PROBLEM . :lol: I WONDER WHAT SCOTT WOULD SAY :lol:

Shirley

Gluten free since 1989

WE CAN JUST SAY THAT WE'RE ALL SO PASSIONATE ABOUT WHAT WE'RE SAYING THAT WE FEEL JUSTIFIED IN SHOUTING IT!!

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

WE CAN JUST SAY THAT WE'RE ALL SO PASSIONATE ABOUT WHAT WE'RE SAYING THAT WE FEEL JUSTIFIED IN SHOUTING IT!!

WHEW :ph34r: THANK GOD YOU ALL HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!

THE BIG 'D' HAS ME AGAIN TODAY SO A TAD BIT SENSITIVE .. :blink:

WELL WE CAN ' GIVE IT A GO' AS THEY SAY..BUT BET WE'LL ALL GET NOTES FROM SCOTT.

I KNOW THAT IN THE ""INTER- ETIQUETTE"" OR WHAT EVER THE NEW TERM IS ...WE ARE SHOUTING...BUT HEY, I CAN READ IT...AND AM PASSIONATE!!

wHAT WAS THIS THREAD ABOUT AGAIN? :lol:

THANKS GUYS

YOUR THE BEST!

JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

WHEW :ph34r: THANK GOD YOU ALL HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!

THE BIG 'D' HAS ME AGAIN TODAY SO A TAD BIT SENSITIVE .. :blink:

WELL WE CAN ' GIVE IT A GO' AS THEY SAY..BUT BET WE'LL ALL GET NOTES FROM SCOTT.

I KNOW THAT IN THE ""INTER- ETIQUETTE"" OR WHAT EVER THE NEW TERM IS ...WE ARE SHOUTING...BUT HEY, I CAN READ IT...AND AM PASSIONATE!!

wHAT WAS THIS THREAD ABOUT AGAIN? :lol:

THANKS GUYS

YOUR THE BEST!

JUDY

Judy, I think there's a way you can set up your internet browser so the font is always bigger. Hopefully someone who knows how to do it will pop in and let us know :rolleyes:

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Thanks Mango.

People have tried to help me do it.

I can be done and hubby did do it for my email but we can't seem to get this forum type to be bigger

i know it can enlarge fonts to send out a message but can't seem to change my reception fonts.

thanks for caring.

judy

Judy in Southern CA

Judy, don't feel bad, it's small for me, too. I cannot post without wearing my glasses, and I can read the newspaper without them. It's when I'm reading for a long time or playing my flute that I really need them. But this type is small and hard to read.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Even when I change my Avatar my little Sheba is always in it some where :P

You are right, it is small type, although I expect the teenagers can read it just fine. Would be nice if we could jack it up just a bit more though.

Shirley

Gluten free since 1989

I just discovered something. Did I tell you that I love pushing buttons ? :lol:

Anyway ... if you have the up-dated version of Internet Explorer ... got to the top bar, and find the 'page' button ... it's top right, click on that, click on zoom and click on 150% or higher if you want, then all the posts will be bigger for you.

Shirley

Gluten free since 1989

I just discovered something. Did I tell you that I love pushing buttons ? :lol:

Anyway ... if you have the up-dated version of Internet Explorer ... got to the top bar, and find the 'page' button ... it's top right, click on that, click on zoom and click on 150% or higher if you want, then all the posts will be bigger for you.

Hooray! for Shirley. But darnit I had to start running Firefox instead, my darling nephew gave my computer a bug so when I use IE I get pop ups every where. I feel like the guy on the ad playing space invaders with the pop ups! LOL They pop up as fast as you can close them out.

-Laurie

In FireFox, try hitting "Ctrl +"

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

In FireFox, try hitting "Ctrl +"

Oh, I hope that works :P Let us know, I haven't got firefox

Shirley

Gluten free since 1989

Yes, I have trouble keeping straight who is who. I will be changing my avatar soon, I have an absolutely adorable picture of my grandson with his hair spiked into a mohawk!

Judy, once I realized you were using all caps so you could see what you were writing, I didn't mind being yelled at all. It's like a partially deaf person yelling at you so she can hear what she is saying. I will try to use larger fonts when I post, but please don't be upset if I forget sometimes.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Jestgar Hooray! it worked!

Thanks so much,

-Laurie

For those with Safari (I have IE too, but my kids won't let me on it to refresh my memory) go up to the top of your Safari page and click on View and then scroll down to "make text bigger" That'll do it!! I'm a computer whiz so if you need any help with anything else just let me know.

Oh and you have your capitals but have you noticed I LOVE my exclamation points?????????? I don't know why but I like to put them after almost every sentence LOL!!!!!

~~Angie~~

DX'd With Narcolepsy In 1995

Dx'ed With Celiac On 12-18-06

Positive Biopsy On 2-1-07

DX'd With Pernicious Anemia 4-24-07

Daughter Has DH, so I suspect she also has Celiac!!

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

Hi all

you guys are the best.

Just talked to my web designed son on the phone and he said i can re install fire fox.

I deleted my Microsoft browser when i put fire fox on and then when trying to enlarge my fonts i deleted firfox..so ....

will try to load it again.

wish me luck.

someone ..thought it was on this thread but isn't..said they were IT people and would help.

Don't know where they are now...well here goes...off to try it.

I put fire fox on when i was trying to see the Heidi Collins video.

Judy

Judy in Southern CA