Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FeedIndy

Steak N Shake?

We are trying to broaden our horizons beyond Wendy's, but SnS doesn't appear to be very forthcoming with their allergens. The site just lists "possible food allergens" and has wheat listed on pretty much everything. Has anyone successfully eaten anything here?

Mom to 3 girls

DD1-diagnosed by allergist 10/2006

DD4 & DD9-diagnosed by Mom 01/2007

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We are trying to broaden our horizons beyond Wendy's, but SnS doesn't appear to be very forthcoming with their allergens. The site just lists "possible food allergens" and has wheat listed on pretty much everything. Has anyone successfully eaten anything here?

Have you done a search on this website for "Steak N shake"? I remember someone posting a list from them, but I don't remember who or when (I just know that I printed it out ! :D )

I have had their chilli. I actually had it in french fries, but that was in MO, and they had a dedicated fryer, and I don't know if that is everywhere.....try a search....sorry I can't be of more help.

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

I've eaten there many times, getting the standard Burger with no bun and fries. Never had a problem. I have a pretty good list started on my website about safe restaurants and usually a link to their menu. Shot me an email and let me know what city you are in, or just visit my site and check it out.

Dx and Gluten Free since 1996

The one I went to a couple weeks ago in IL cooked their fries in the same fryer as the onion rings and stuff. But I ate a naked burger and a frozen fruit shake and had no problems.

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

I got glutened by one of their milkshakes.

Was it by chance a Malt? When I went they made a point to tell me that they made Malts, and to ask that mine was a MILKSHAKE not a MALT, and that the machine was cleaned between uses.

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Was it by chance a Malt? When I went they made a point to tell me that they made Malts, and to ask that mine was a MILKSHAKE not a MALT, and that the machine was cleaned between uses.

no, it was a regular milkshake and it was a serious glutening, not a minor one. I odn't know if the icecream isn't gluten-free or if they do a lousy job of cleaning the mixer, but it's not worth it to me.

no, it was a regular milkshake and it was a serious glutening, not a minor one. I odn't know if the icecream isn't gluten-free or if they do a lousy job of cleaning the mixer, but it's not worth it to me.

Hm, that sucks.