Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taweavmo3

Bette Hagman's Biscuit Mix

Okay, I've been cooking gluten free for almost two years now....and I'm feeling brave enough to try my hand at baking again! My first attempts in the beginning were disastrous, and I have used pre packaged mixes ever since.

SO, I got a Bette Hagman cookbook, and tried the Biscuit Mix. First of all, I was expecting it to be more the consistancy of Bisquick, but it was more like a dough. Then I added the egg, beaten with 1/4 cup water, and the dough was really wet! The recipe says to roll and pat out the biscuits, but they are way too wet for that. I might be able to do a drop biscuit......I have the dough in the fridge right now hoping it will firm up.

I'll have to double check and make sure I measured right. I spent $15 on ingredients for these, I was really hoping they would be good! I could have just bought GFP mix for that price really. Maybe I'm just not a baker, lol.

Does anyone use the Bette Hagman biscuit mix with success?? Any tips for me? Thanks.

Tamara, mom to 4 gluten & casein free kiddos!

Age 11 - Psoriasis

Age 8- dx'd Celiac March 2005

Age 6- gluten-free/cf, allergy related seizures

Age 4 - reflux, resolved with gluten-free/cf

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have never used Bette Hagman's mix, as I am allergic to rice. However, I have noticed that when I bake with my flours, the dough/batter is not the same as when I used wheat flour. I have made the drop biscuits, and they were quite good. I liked them best crumbled into soup.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25