Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lindsey

Awaiting Test Results

I am still waiting for my blood test results for celiac (and H.pylori) All my other results for liver function, thyroid and full blood count have come back as negative. I'm hoping the rest will be in tomorrow.

Anyway, I thought i'd post to say that I've been gluten free for 10 days now and in the past few days my brain fog has definitely lifted. I've suffered what I put down as anxiety but this forum has led me to research brain fog and it's been a revelation!

My head feels clear for once! It's a fantastic feeling and i've also tons more energy.

I have no idea whether or not i have celiac at this moment but ive no doubt now that i do have some kind of food intollerance. I was wondering if it could just be wheat? Could I be tested for this if my celiac test is negative? Maybe i just need to cut out the wheat? Im quite happy to continue eating gluten free whatever happens! I'm not a big bread eater anyway and i can live without pasta and processed foods anyway.

Oh well - I'm feeling tons better and that is the main thing diagnosis or not!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, Lindsey-

I can't answer your question about wheat vs. gluten, but wanted to say "welcome" and glad to hear that you've been feeling better in the last few days...it's GREAT, isn't it!!! :D

Anyway, waiting for test results is never fun, but whatever they say, don't forget to take into account what your body has already told you.

Let us know what happens!

I agree with the above poster - listen to your body. So many doctors want to treat based on lab results and ignore how the patient actually FEELS. (Case and point my undertreated hypothyroidism for the past seven or eight years...not to mention all the GI issues!)

Welcome to the board, and let us know what the results say!

And per the gluten-free diet, trying it certainly can't hurt. So you might want to consider keeping it up for another few months and see if you notice more improvements. Then do a gluten challenge - if you get sick then that might be as definitive of an answer as you need!

Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Hi, Lindsey-

I can't answer your question about wheat vs. gluten, but wanted to say "welcome" and glad to hear that you've been feeling better in the last few days...it's GREAT, isn't it!!! :D

Anyway, waiting for test results is never fun, but whatever they say, don't forget to take into account what your body has already told you.

Let us know what happens!

Thankyou both for your replies. I've just phoned the doctors and my H. pylori results are in but the doctor hasn't read them yet so they can't tell me!! Grrrr....it's frustrating!

I will certainly consider trying gluten again after a few months if I continue to improve! Just the once mind! ;)