Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JodiC

Slim Fast Shakes

Slim Fast has now come up with gluten free and lactose free optima shakes. I have been using these products for about 2 weeks along with a low and friendly carb diet and have lost 4 pounds and 2% body fat. I have yet to start a structured exercise program but do walk for at least 15 to 30 minutes a day. So far this is the only thing working for me. They talk a bit about the shakes on the slimfast website. Most of the regular shakes are also gluten-free but not lactose free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Slim Fast has now come up with gluten free and lactose free optima shakes. I have been using these products for about 2 weeks along with a low and friendly carb diet and have lost 4 pounds and 2% body fat. I have yet to start a structured exercise program but do walk for at least 15 to 30 minutes a day. So far this is the only thing working for me. They talk a bit about the shakes on the slimfast website. Most of the regular shakes are also gluten-free but not lactose free.

Dear JodiC,

Thanks for telling us! I was wondering about this. I would love to try some of these. It is encouraging to see you have had progress already! These shakes are supposed to keep your blood sugar steady, too, which is important since I am hypoglycemic.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Yes, I found those optima shakes after I went to a qualifier with some of my students. They wanted to get their fighting weight down (one of my students is 300 pounds) and they had some slim fasts with them. I was wondering, if they were glutenfree so I looked at their website and found those shakes. I would have posted it on here to drag your attention on it, if I would have know, that it was a pretty new thing. However I thought, that they already have it for a while, so I didn't say anything.

Did anyone try them on here, are they tasty?

Stef

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA

I use the Slim Fast vanilla and chocolates. I think they taste pretty good!

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Slim Fast shakes always stimulated my appetite. I've even tried the new formulas. I liked the energy I got from them. I always had a problem of the SF shakes breaking out my face in pimples. As soon as I stopped drinking it, my face would clear up. Alas, I must have an intolerance to them.

I'm using AmazeRx shake I saw on an infomercial formulated by an MD. It's $29 for a month's supply or $22 if you get auto ship. It has 5 grams of carb in it. I've been using it on weekends mostly. It's supposed to make you lose 20 pounds in a month if you have a shake for lunch and dinner. I'm only have one for lunch... It's ok. It doesn't stimulate my appetite and my face isn't breaking out too much. I get some increased stamina from it when doing housework...I just bought it because I get sick of salads on low carb and I like to break it up with shakes. When I'm at work, I find I get too hungry only having a shake but at home, I'm less stressed and I can go till dinner "knowing" the refrigerator is right there if I need it. It's psychological, but it works :lol:

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 8,6)

Antigliadin IgA 72

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 49