Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonkabar

Woman's Day Article

The February 2007 issue of Woman's Day had an article titled Diseases Doctors Miss (page 66). Once I saw this title, the first thing I did was flip the pages to see if Celiac Disease was listed...and it was! :) It was a brief but decent blurb that included someone's story, common symptoms, Dx, treatment a link to celiac.org and the 800-number for the Celiac Foundation.

Other "missed diseases" included MS, Lupas, Fibromyalgia, Polcystic Ovary Disease and Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome. Albeit a little unsettling, it was certainly an interesting article.

~Kristy~

Zachary (5 y/o son) -negative labs, no biopsy, gluten-free diet 3/06 with amazing results

*Enterolab testing: auto-immune response, main-Celiac gene/HLA-DQ 2, non-Celiac gluten sensitivity gene/HLA-DQ 3

"Congratulations!

Today is your day.

You're off to Great Places!

You're off and away!"

--Oh The Places You'll Go

by Dr. Seuss

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I DID TOO!!! LOL How funny!

I thought for sure it wasn't going to be in there. I bet a bunch of people are going to get tested for it. I swear, had I not known about it before - that article would have caused me to look.

I'm so glad they mentioned it!

Woman's Day February 2004 had a great article on celiac disease. That article is what directed me to this site. Woman's Day seems to be pretty 'with it' when it comes to medical awareness.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25