Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBOX

Elizabeth Haselbeck Said She Has Celiac!

I found out about friday from an email from the celiac listserve that i subscribe to. here is the email:

My daughter was at the taping of the show where Elisabeth talks about her

Celiac. Coincidentally, I have it as do many members of my family. Anyway,

the audience was told that the show will air THIS FRIDAY - the 26th! I know

that Rosie mentioned next week, but again, it will be this Friday.

Veronica

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

I found out about friday from an email from the celiac listserve that i subscribe to. here is the email:

My daughter was at the taping of the show where Elisabeth talks about her

Celiac. Coincidentally, I have it as do many members of my family. Anyway,

the audience was told that the show will air THIS FRIDAY - the 26th! I know

that Rosie mentioned next week, but again, it will be this Friday.

Veronica

Thanks! I'll advise my 60 member support group that the View will include a discussion about Elizabeth Hasselback's celiac disease experience TOMORROW, January 27, 2007.

BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up :)

I didn't see it on the website for tomorrow but I bet that is when they will have it because I will be at work.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

Does anyone know when The View is on in Alberta? I'm hoping it's around lunch time so I can watch.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

I don't know when it is on, and I work all day so, I am going to miss it but I did write to Elisabeth. Seeing as how so many of us have written to her that if they do have it tomorrow maybe they will run it again sometime.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

here it starts at 11

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

Yea--11 here, too. Can't wait :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I'm home today (not doing well on the Flagyl), so I get to see it.

I am so excited! I love Elisabeth!

Laura:

I am so sorry that your not doing well. Hang in there. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Wow---I'm watching this right now and its awesome!

She is so cute, so fun! She is drinking gluten free beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They talked about-and drank-Redbridge and both of them said it was really good (Rosie and Elisabeth are the ones who drank it).

She mentioned that she was sick for about four years, and felt much better when she was on Survivor, because they were eating fish and rice.

She has also been genetically tested, and officially has the gene, so that is why she is watching her daughter and being careful about gluten with her.

She mentioned the 1 in 133 Americans have it, but 97% don't know it.

I thought she really did a good job explaining it. They even talked about how so many people have written her....they must be talking about us :)

She was really positive about it, how there are lots of great products out there now. She also talked about how it is misdiagnosed with IBS, colitis, and other things like that. She said it is related to higher risks of cancer, and that it is related to diabetes, thyroid, infertility. I think in the short amount of time she had, she really hit the high points!

RATS .. she didn't mention nuerological symptoms, just digestive ... I heard they have a blog though ...

I love that she felt better on survivor without eating ... Most of us can relate to that :lol:

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

i cant watch it until i get home but it sounds great!!!!!

uch Laura, i hate flagyl!!! its the worst medication. i think i took it in universtiy once and it made me so sick :( feel better!

She did an awesome job!!!! YAY!

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

I'm sure it's not coincidental that she was promoting the new AB beer but if that is what it took for her to 'come out' so to speak I'm thrilled that AB approached her. Maybe she had them donate money to Celiac research or something. AB is a huge ABC sponsor and having anyone on The View drink Redbridge on air is priceless advertising. Either way it works and at least she mentioned infertility in addition to IBS. Hopefully they will do a proper health segment on Celiac next week. We should all send Elisabeth TY e-mails today and ask they do so.

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06

I am so thrilled. Let's keep a watch out for incomming. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

What time in the episode is it? Not sure I'll be able to sit through a whole episode...

Geoff

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

I got home from the off leash in time to watch the back half of the Eastern feed. Nothing there but a guy decorating cakes. :blink: I don't think they were gluten-free.

I have to go to school for the fun lunch, so I'm setting the PVR for the Western feed. (PVR is Canadian Tivo.)

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

Agree :D got allot in given the short time she had.

i wrote her also. Thanked her for talking about her personal issue and asked to have more about it on future shows and suggested Dr P Green as a guest. Hope all will jot her a note of thanks and encourage her to do future shows on our topic.

Judy

Judy in Southern CA

Geoff :D

It was on within the first 10? 15? minutes or so. They usually sit around a table and "talk" to start the show, and it was while they were still in that segment, rather than when they have guests, etc.

She did a pretty decent job in the, like, three minutes that she had! :P It would've been great to have had a broader overview but it's a great start and I'm sure it will get a lot of people thinking...

Gluten-free since 10/05 - Positive dietary response with Doctor's validation! - Debilitating migraines, constant dizziness and lightheadedness gone; anxiety & panic attacks, depression, agoraphobia and extreme exhaustion considerably lessoned

Dairy/Casein Intolerant

Soy, Cabbage, Sugar, Peanut, Shellfish, Caffeine, Egg, Potato and Tomato allergies / intolerances

Sporadic reactions to: Poultry

Avoiding all preservatives and additives

Also Multiple Chemical/Environmental Sensitivities

Mitral Valve Prolapse

Pulmonary Embolism - 1999

Dance, when you're broken open.

Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.

Dance in the middle of fighting.

Dance in your blood.

Dance, when you are perfectly free.

RUMI