Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBOX

Elizabeth Haselbeck Said She Has Celiac!

I found out about friday from an email from the celiac listserve that i subscribe to. here is the email:

My daughter was at the taping of the show where Elisabeth talks about her

Celiac. Coincidentally, I have it as do many members of my family. Anyway,

the audience was told that the show will air THIS FRIDAY - the 26th! I know

that Rosie mentioned next week, but again, it will be this Friday.

Veronica

I found out about friday from an email from the celiac listserve that i subscribe to. here is the email:

My daughter was at the taping of the show where Elisabeth talks about her

Celiac. Coincidentally, I have it as do many members of my family. Anyway,

the audience was told that the show will air THIS FRIDAY - the 26th! I know

that Rosie mentioned next week, but again, it will be this Friday.

Veronica

Thanks! I'll advise my 60 member support group that the View will include a discussion about Elizabeth Hasselback's celiac disease experience TOMORROW, January 27, 2007.

BURDEE

Wow! Thanks for the heads up :)

I didn't see it on the website for tomorrow but I bet that is when they will have it because I will be at work.

I don't know when it is on, and I work all day so, I am going to miss it but I did write to Elisabeth. Seeing as how so many of us have written to her that if they do have it tomorrow maybe they will run it again sometime.

I'm home today (not doing well on the Flagyl), so I get to see it.

I am so excited! I love Elisabeth!

Laura:

I am so sorry that your not doing well. Hang in there. :)

Wow---I'm watching this right now and its awesome!

She is so cute, so fun! She is drinking gluten free beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They talked about-and drank-Redbridge and both of them said it was really good (Rosie and Elisabeth are the ones who drank it).

She mentioned that she was sick for about four years, and felt much better when she was on Survivor, because they were eating fish and rice.

She has also been genetically tested, and officially has the gene, so that is why she is watching her daughter and being careful about gluten with her.

She mentioned the 1 in 133 Americans have it, but 97% don't know it.

I thought she really did a good job explaining it. They even talked about how so many people have written her....they must be talking about us :)

She was really positive about it, how there are lots of great products out there now. She also talked about how it is misdiagnosed with IBS, colitis, and other things like that. She said it is related to higher risks of cancer, and that it is related to diabetes, thyroid, infertility. I think in the short amount of time she had, she really hit the high points!

RATS .. she didn't mention nuerological symptoms, just digestive ... I heard they have a blog though ...

I love that she felt better on survivor without eating ... Most of us can relate to that :lol:

i cant watch it until i get home but it sounds great!!!!!

uch Laura, i hate flagyl!!! its the worst medication. i think i took it in universtiy once and it made me so sick :( feel better!

I'm sure it's not coincidental that she was promoting the new AB beer but if that is what it took for her to 'come out' so to speak I'm thrilled that AB approached her. Maybe she had them donate money to Celiac research or something. AB is a huge ABC sponsor and having anyone on The View drink Redbridge on air is priceless advertising. Either way it works and at least she mentioned infertility in addition to IBS. Hopefully they will do a proper health segment on Celiac next week. We should all send Elisabeth TY e-mails today and ask they do so.

I got home from the off leash in time to watch the back half of the Eastern feed. Nothing there but a guy decorating cakes. :blink: I don't think they were gluten-free.

I have to go to school for the fun lunch, so I'm setting the PVR for the Western feed. (PVR is Canadian Tivo.)

Agree :D got allot in given the short time she had.

i wrote her also. Thanked her for talking about her personal issue and asked to have more about it on future shows and suggested Dr P Green as a guest. Hope all will jot her a note of thanks and encourage her to do future shows on our topic.

Judy

Geoff :D

It was on within the first 10? 15? minutes or so. They usually sit around a table and "talk" to start the show, and it was while they were still in that segment, rather than when they have guests, etc.