Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasCeliacBuckeye

Underwear For Celiacs

From Foxnews.com

------

Letting loose in public may become less of a social faux pas with a new kind of underwear that promises to keep the air flatulence-free.

"Anti-farty pants" vow to stifle those nasty odors and help gassy individuals "relieve the pain without the shame."

Under-Tec underwear makers have designed new "gas eater" underpants, an airtight undergarment that helps keep flatulence under wraps, reported Britain's The Sun newspaper.

The pants have a built in replaceable filter that cuts the smell of bad human gas. Happy customers cited on the Under-Tec Web site include those suffering from Crohn's Disease and Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome.

Testimonials on the Web site include: "Thank you. You saved my life. I can now go to school without worry" and "They really are working for me, an answer to my prayers because I like to wear them when I go out."

For more information or to purchase the underpants, which are available in a range of sizes, visit under-tec.com.

** I know it doesn't specifically mention Celiac, but I couldn't help but imagine this being a perfect product for us. Maybe Karen could do a commercial for them? LOL

:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

:lol: :lol: I'm tempted to get these for my boyfriend even though he's not celiac.

And for the dog, for that matter... :P

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Cris:

Someone actually posted something regarding this. The curiosity on my part was that men could use then for a two week period without changing, but women could use this product for three weeks.

But, then, why would I be curious. I know the answer. :P

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

is that without changing the underwear, or just the filter??????

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene