This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Skate Boarders Only

Teku

kaylabobayla Rookie

oh ya

sorry, im not a skater

i like skaters though

there cool.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gfp Enthusiast
I pretty much like all boarding and skateing i'll have to try snow boarding some time.

Well this is my girfriends brother....

scroll down to Thursday, June 01, 2006

finishing 3rd in the world slalom championships

Open Original Shared Link

Teku Apprentice

Hi :) . I just got back on to. It dosent really matter that noone is a skater because im the only one here. That is just cool insect skate boards i know a couple people who have them.

• 2 months later...
ginap73 Apprentice

I love skateboarding. I prefer vert more than street.

• 2 weeks later...
Liz92 Rookie

actually, I think it would be really cool to become really good at skatboarding...but id probably kill myself :( :( :( :( :'( waa. o, well, itll bisk, lol :P:)

Liz92 Rookie

up keyboard. its pposed to say that it'd be worth the risk... wish me luck! :P

little d Enthusiast

Hi Ben,

I can't skate for my life maybe roller skating. But I can't do much with a broken foot.

Donna from Tx

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 4 weeks later...
lizzydotcom. Newbie

hmmph...i thought this was the teenagers only section...

soo why do 40 year olds come in this section?

little d Enthusiast

I am 36 thank you :angry::lol::P

Donna

MJS Rookie

Hey Ben,

I don't really skate much but I love snowboarding. I go every winter. I also just bought a wave board and it's really awesome. If you haven't tried one, you should. I'm big on mountain biking, I just started competing in races this spring. Do you bike at all?

lizzydotcom- I like having adults comment on the board. They have good advice and know more about stuff. I find it helpful.

• 4 weeks later...
WorkNsurf Rookie

Whats up everybody, Mike here. Tried skateboardin awhile back but stick to surfin these days. Been surfin for about 7 years on Long Island, few trips to Puerto Rico, trip to Panama. Im 23 and gluten free for almost two years. Posting on here to give advice on cooking or gluten free lifestyle, or to meet some gluten free ladies. keep shredding.

gf4life Enthusiast

Hi Mike,

Ben (Teku) would have been a surfer had we lived on the coast longer than his first 4 years! He was born in the Monterey Bay Area and we lived 2 blocks from the beach! But alas, we moved inland and he is a skater through and through! I think I might have preferred surfing for him, since it is much harder to break a surfboard than a skate board. He has gone through about 6 boards this year already (including one of his brother's boards and also his youth pastor's board! NOT cool :o ) Anyhow, he is a really strong swimmer and I'll bet he could pick up surfing pretty darn easily. What do you think Ben?

(BTW I'm Ben's mom if you didn't already guess!)

Lollipop Newbie

Hi, i'm not a skater either but i do ski in the winter. I also like to ride horses but i think i might be allergic to them. :( it is my 4th week on a trial diet and i have just started to feel better but i feel sick after ive been in my barn. I have gotten hives before but we're not sure if they're from the horses. I hope not!

Becca

little d Enthusiast
Hi, i'm not a skater either but i do ski in the winter. I also like to ride horses but i think i might be allergic to them. :( it is my 4th week on a trial diet and i have just started to feel better but i feel sick after ive been in my barn. I have gotten hives before but we're not sure if they're from the horses. I hope not!

Becca

THat has got to be a bummer. I am not a horse trainer but do you hand feed or touch the horses food with your hands Have not a clue into what is in the horse feed, or it could be the dust or something hopfully not your horses.

donna

MJS Rookie

i'm sorry about the horses. it stinks to have something you really like ruined by medical problems.

i forgot to add that i like to surf too. i live in FL so the waves aren't that great, they're usually around 3 ft but get a little better during storms and around hurricane season. i've been surfing since i was 12 and i love it. i can't think of a better feeling in the world than catching a really good wave.

Lollipop Newbie

I do not normally handle the horses grain but i do handle the hay. There is also lots of dust in our barn. My dr has told me to try wearing one of those little white masks to see if it helps. Otherwise i will probably just take benadryl before i go out there. I am being alergy tested in about a month.

Thanks,

Becca

Teku Apprentice

Yeah i would probibly do any board sport depending on where i live. I getting pretty mad because im breaking so many decks. But i just got this prototype deck that is sopposed to not break. yeah i thought this was teens section but any one can come if they are not a sk8er ha8er.

gf4life Enthusiast
I getting pretty mad because im breaking so many decks. But i just got this prototype deck that is sopposed to not break.

Yeah, we just paid extra for this board that wasn't supposed to break so easy. And Ben just got it about 3 this afternoon. He managed to break it in less than 4 hours!! Fortunately it has a 30 day guarantee against breakage. So I have to put it right back in the mail!! Ben isn't too happy right now.

Teku Apprentice

yeah my emotion was

:o:lol::angry::unsure::blink::ph34r:

Liz92 Rookie

hahaha!!! lol. :lol: ya, I know what you mean.

• 2 weeks later...
Hanna GF LF cheerleader Rookie

I would just like to point out that skiing is definitaly not like skating. I would know I am a skier in utah at Alta which is the best place in the world. one of my friends is in ski magazines he can do insane stuff that noone would ever try. and also living in utah there is alot of mormons and I dont think they do the tour thing so thats cool they go on trek and pretend to be pioneers though...

Hanna GF LF cheerleader Rookie

I just saw there was a girl from utah like lizzie or somethin what school do you go to?

• 3 weeks later...
Janniec6 Rookie

hey man I don't board skate but I Aggressive skate i just learned today that I have celiac and i'm

really lost so if i could have some pointers that would be sweet man!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz92 Rookie

ya, im from utah, i went t o oak canyon but know i go to KGMPA, whre do you go???

ps skiing is great

Teku Apprentice

well just act normal and dont let it hold you back.

thats what i do, oh i just broke my pinky finger the other day i tried to switch ollie this tabletop thing

and i fell and hyperextended my finger all the way to my hand. at first i didnt feel it so me and my

freind dakoda were laughing because it was stuck like strait up. then i tried to bend it back and it hurt .

then i went out and skated.i 360 fliped off this like 4 foot ledge over a dumster it was awsome but

it broke my deck and i was mad.

Archived