Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark2728

G/f Valentines Day Chocolate

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the board! I posted a similar question last week and did not get a great response :( What I did find out is that Russel Stovers chocolates are gluten-free, with the exception of smores and cookies, but that it is processed on the same equipment as wheat. I am not sure if I am willing to risk the cc.

However, it looked like some of the Dove valentines and hershey valentines boxes were okay.

Your girlfriend is lucky to have a boyfriend who is looking out for her health.

Hez

Hey everybody,

My girlfriend found out she had celiac two months ago so this is the first time I have to buy her chocolate and worry if there is gluten in it. I

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

I posted on the other thread that I found the ORGANIC boxes of Whitman's and Russell Stover chocolates are marked "Gluten Free" right on the front of the package! I had to buy them, and they are quite good. I too was missing the yummy boxed chocolates, but both Whiman's and Russel Stover's regular (not the organic) are processed on shared equipment with wheat, so this is a good alternative.

Good luck!

- Lauren

My favorite SEE'S CANDY is now gluten-free...everything except for the malt truffles (obviously). Woo hoo!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the board! I posted a similar question last week and did not get a great response :( What I did find out is that Russel Stovers chocolates are gluten-free, with the exception of smores and cookies, but that it is processed on the same equipment as wheat. I am not sure if I am willing to risk the cc.

However, it looked like some of the Dove valentines and hershey valentines boxes were okay.

Your girlfriend is lucky to have a boyfriend who is looking out for her health.

Hez

I got sick twice from Russel Stover's candy (the kind that said it is processed on the same equip. as wheat on the box). I would NOT eat it again.

On that note, Reeses Peanut Butter Hearts are gluten-free. My husband has been instructed to get me approximately 10 lbs of reeses peanut butter hearts. Yum!

ELIZABETH

gluten-free (04.17.2006)

corn-free (03.27.2007)

xanthan gum-free

I got sick twice from Russel Stover's candy (the kind that said it is processed on the same equip. as wheat on the box). I would NOT eat it again.

On that note, Reeses Peanut Butter Hearts are gluten-free. My husband has been instructed to get me approximately 10 lbs of reeses peanut butter hearts. Yum!

:lol: I'll have to look for those peanut butter hearts :P

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Whole Foods has some lovely exotic chocolate collections. They're kinda pricey though. :(

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA