Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daisy Duke

Recurring Nightmare/dream

I've had this same dream several times but last night it was like a drama, the dream went on all night. I have been taken hostage and I cannot eat the food that they are giving me to eat. This was one of those drama movies that just goes on and on and on and it seemed so real. tHE GUY EVEN HAD A GUN.

Daisy

Daisy Duke

Montana

Gluten/Casein Free since 02/06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Those are scary dreams! I find that Tylonal sometimes makes me dream more. I've had one where I get into a car accident and end up in the hospital and they keep telling me that I have to eat before they will release me, and every thing they bring is gluten laden :o

The real scary part of this one, is that it can happen ... hospitals are really bad for people on diets.

When my Dad had 6 arteries repaired by bypass surgery, his first meal afterward was a great big greasy hamburger :o My daughter was there visiting him, she couldn't believe it!

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

The other night I had a dream I was diagnosed with liver cancer, and everything was so real. The biopsies, bloodwork, and all the clinic visits. I remember every part of the dream, I remember breaking the news to my fiance and my family. I remember starting the chemo....it was too real.

I work in the Oncology department at a hospital, so I link it to work but it was so lifelike I woke up and really just laid awake until the alarm went off.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I've had this same dream several times but last night it was like a drama, the dream went on all night. I have been taken hostage and I cannot eat the food that they are giving me to eat. This was one of those drama movies that just goes on and on and on and it seemed so real. tHE GUY EVEN HAD A GUN.Daisy

D, This celiac disease is definately NOT a good thing for hostages, especially if your blindfolded! And how would you ever figure out what's in the "gruel" they always get in those old prison movies? Oh guard, I'd like some gluten free gruel please.

I had a recurring dream where I was being chased by people in a car trying to kill me. Then all of a sudden (dreams make no sense whatsoever), I was walking down a lonely, country road, when a jetliner goes down in flames. By the time I run over there, venders have set up booths and are selling coffeee & donuts to the survivors, who are limping around on crutches, all bandaged up. Of course I am outraged at the venders. So we've got scared, and anger. Dreams are often all about emotions, it seems.

best regards, lm

ps to shirley, in '99 I had an appointment for a stress test (turned out I was fine, Dr. said to lose about 10 lbs as I was overweight at 181 lbs, am now 137), and on the way stopped for lunch at Waffle House for a good & greasy double cheesburger, in case the doctor told me not to eat any anymore.

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa