Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AliceW

I Want To Send Dr. Fine Some Flowers

Just had to post this: I have had NO anti-reflux medication and not a single antacid tablet since Tuesday!! And I'm someone who had been taking daily high doses of prevacid plus multiple rolaids every day for years and years.

I've been gluten-free since Dec. 15, 2006--about 5 weeks. Astonished does not even begin to describe my feelings about this. :blink:

I'd cut out other foods I'd noticed were bothering me (coffee, most alcohol, onion, garlic) and had already improved somewhat before going gluten-free, but this feels fundamentally different. I feel like a different person (or rather, I feel like the same person with a different stomach!). It feels like my problem is not so much under control as it's just almost gone. I'm still taking some herbs--licorice, slippery elm, and aloe vera--for my remaining occasional faint heartburn, but I almost think I might not even need them pretty soon.

Constipation is gone and gas is almost gone (!!!!), too.

I swear I'm going to send Dr. Fine at Enterolab some flowers or something. This is amazing.

Alice

Now gluten-free, dairy-lite, caffeine- and alcohol-lite, and I haven't felt better in years!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ALICE :) :) :)

Wow, you don't know how happy your post makes me. I am SO happy to hear that your symptoms are finally on their way out of the door. I know you have had such a struggle with this: trouble with symptoms, figuring out what is wrong, doctors/testing, etc. etc.

This is what this board is here for: to give people the information that they need to feel better, as it relates to gluten (and, well, other foods).

I'm doing a happydance for you! :wub:

I hope you stick around here, to learn more, be a part of the community, and share your new found knowledge with others.

Congrats, my dear.

Laura

That's great news, Alice--so good to hear! :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Wow, how incredibly happy you must be to finally be well, after all these years. I think you are right about wanting to at least let Dr. Fine know about your success, everybody can use a boost and a thank-you at times.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!! :wub: This board has been incredibly helpful to me.

Feeling this good without any drugs whatsoever feels like being in the Twilight Zone...has any one else had that experience? I feel like I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop...like it's too good to be true. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it continues.

I also think that I should eventually try to re-introduce the foods I'm avoiding now, just so I can find out what I'm truly intolerant of and what I can eat after I'm healed. I find that the prospect of eating gluten again kind of scares me, though, even though I'm not 100% sure that avoiding it is what seems to be curing me. I am 95% sure that's what it is, and I feel so good that I am terrified of messing myself up again!

Are gluten challenges awful? I guess I have no way of knowing how I'd react to one unless I try it...

Alice :)