Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daisy Duke

I Think My Friend Has A Food Intolerance

I think my friend has a food intolerance, she has major bathroom issues several times a week. We

have figured out so far that she is intolerant to corn. Whne she eats popcorn she has a major JJF issue and runs to the bathroom. But I think there is more too it than that. She has some stomach problems too, bloated and yucky feeling. I don't think she realized that corn is in everything, just like gluten, or worse. Does anyone have a list of what not to eat with a corn intolerance? She likes to cook, and makes a lot of things homemade, so she has that on her side.

You're probably wondering what a JJF issue is! I was reading my paragraph and realized what I said. A JJF issue is what we call when we have to run to the bathroom urgently, we say we have a "Jumpin Jack Flash" or a JJF issue. That way people around us don't know exactly what is going on. Kinda screwy, but it works for us!

Daisy Duke

Daisy Duke

Montana

Gluten/Casein Free since 02/06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is a link to a corn allergen site, that lists all the foods containing corn.

http://www.cornallergens.com/list/corn-allergen-list.php#top

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is so nice of you to look up things for your friend! I have Celiac, but I am also a little intolerant to corn. I have noticed that it makes me bloated. I don't really avoid it (because I don't think it is causing damage like gluten would) but I do keep that in mind, and don't get it as often as I normally would. Just my experience. Hope your friend finds some answers!

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....