Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UR Groovy

Thank You, And Hello

Hi,

I thought I'd take a moment and introduce myself. I'm a 'middle aged' woman diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome a few years ago, but I really have to wonder if I'm not Celiac. I did a bunch of research and decided that I must investigate food intolerances a couple months ago. Since then, I've been making an attempt at being gluten-free/ dairy free/ soy free. I've noticed a few 'coincidences'. One really telling thing is 'DH'

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome Fajitas! I'm so glad to see you introduce yourself. You've definitely found the right place. I hope we can all be of help to you!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Hi again and Welcome :)

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Welcome!

It is daunting at first, but isn't it great to be feeling better!

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA