This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Going To Dc (georgetown)

Mtndog

Mtndog Collaborator

Hubby and I are going to DC in mid-Feb and staying in Georgetown. haven't been to DC since I've been gluten-free so I'm looking for some restaurant recommendations. We will be seeing the sights (Smithsonian etc.) during the day and i always find lunch difficult.

Also want one really nice dinner since it's his birthday. Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

I haven't been to DC since before gluten-free, but I wanted to say that I loved the Smithsonian! I could have spent several days there.

Hope you get lots of suggestions--and Angus's new pic is cute! He's really getting big! :D

Lisa Mentor

B:

You HAVE to go to Clyde's!!! They do not have a gluten free menu, but they are gluten free aware.

Clyde's is an old romantic spot for us. Sitting in the window at Clyde's and watching the snow fall....well that snow amounted to 36 inches and he was marooned with me for three days. Well, we made the best of the worst times and stilll married to him. :rolleyes: It is in Georgetown at 3236 M Street, and very established and well known.

1769, 1226 36th Street is a high end restaurant and is also in the Triumph Dining Guide. Just below 1769 is a pub called "The Tombs"....... OMG, we used to skip school (high school) go into the city and eat pizza and drink 3/2 beer and return back to go to Mr. Barretts civic class. He never fussed as long as we brought him some pizza. Those were the days.

The Capital Grille, 601 Penn. Ave, (not in Georgetown, but a short cab ride to the Hill) , could be very interesting if you want to see who is who in DC. They DO have a gluten free menu.

I love that city. Enjoy your time there.

PM me about your dates.

Lisa

Mtndog Collaborator

Thanks everyone! Clyde's sounds so romantic! And I've heard of the Capital Grille. We'll be there Feb 13th-16th. Yippee!

mookie03 Contributor

Momma Goose--

Have you been to Mie N Yu? I think it is in Georgetown.. My friend wants to go there for a bachelorette weekend nice dinner and their menu online doesnt exactly look too gluten friendly...any thoughts? I'm not too familiar w/ DC restaurants..

Thanks!

Lisa Mentor

Stefi:

I don't really live in DC, but I used to.

I am not familiar with the restaurant that you mentioned and it is not in the Gluten Free Dining Guide.

I would recommend that you get some dining cards that are in several languages. It has always been a big help to me.

I am sorry that I am not much help.

Lisa

happygirl Collaborator

Lisa! I never knew about these places!!!!!!!!!!! I think maybe I will have to check them out!

(Bev, I am in the DC suburbs.......would love to see you!)

Bev, I'll do a search...I have posted a few times about places up here. I'll try to find it.

I lived here twice as a kid (non Celiac at the time), and my family has been in the "midAtlantic" area since I was in elementary school. We were in VaBeach for a year and just moved up here in Oct.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator
Lisa! I never knew about these places!!!!!!!!!!! I think maybe I will have to check them out!

(Bev, I am in the DC suburbs.......would love to see you!)

Bev, I'll do a search...I have posted a few times about places up here. I'll try to find it.

I lived here twice as a kid (non Celiac at the time), and my family has been in the "midAtlantic" area since I was in elementary school. We were in VaBeach for a year and just moved up here in Oct.

That would be so fun! email me and let's see if we can work something out. :D

nanchris Newbie
Hubby and I are going to DC in mid-Feb and staying in Georgetown. haven't been to DC since I've been gluten-free so I'm looking for some restaurant recommendations. We will be seeing the sights (Smithsonian etc.) during the day and i always find lunch difficult.

Also want one really nice dinner since it's his birthday. Thank you!

Open Original Shared Link

Lots of restaurant listings all over the world.

MrsM Newbie

If you like Indian food, try Rasika, 633 D St., NW (Penn Quarter area); Open Original Shared Link. I've never had trouble getting a gluten (and dairy)-free meal there.

Archived