Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mtndog

Going To Dc (georgetown)

Hubby and I are going to DC in mid-Feb and staying in Georgetown. haven't been to DC since I've been gluten-free so I'm looking for some restaurant recommendations. We will be seeing the sights (Smithsonian etc.) during the day and i always find lunch difficult.

Also want one really nice dinner since it's his birthday. Thank you!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't been to DC since before gluten-free, but I wanted to say that I loved the Smithsonian! I could have spent several days there.

Hope you get lots of suggestions--and Angus's new pic is cute! He's really getting big! :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

B:

You HAVE to go to Clyde's!!! They do not have a gluten free menu, but they are gluten free aware.

Clyde's is an old romantic spot for us. Sitting in the window at Clyde's and watching the snow fall....well that snow amounted to 36 inches and he was marooned with me for three days. Well, we made the best of the worst times and stilll married to him. :rolleyes: It is in Georgetown at 3236 M Street, and very established and well known.

1769, 1226 36th Street is a high end restaurant and is also in the Triumph Dining Guide. Just below 1769 is a pub called "The Tombs"....... OMG, we used to skip school (high school) go into the city and eat pizza and drink 3/2 beer and return back to go to Mr. Barretts civic class. He never fussed as long as we brought him some pizza. Those were the days.

The Capital Grille, 601 Penn. Ave, (not in Georgetown, but a short cab ride to the Hill) , could be very interesting if you want to see who is who in DC. They DO have a gluten free menu.

I love that city. Enjoy your time there.

PM me about your dates.

Lisa

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Thanks everyone! Clyde's sounds so romantic! And I've heard of the Capital Grille. We'll be there Feb 13th-16th. Yippee!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Momma Goose--

Have you been to Mie N Yu? I think it is in Georgetown.. My friend wants to go there for a bachelorette weekend nice dinner and their menu online doesnt exactly look too gluten friendly...any thoughts? I'm not too familiar w/ DC restaurants..

Thanks!

Stefi:

I don't really live in DC, but I used to.

I am not familiar with the restaurant that you mentioned and it is not in the Gluten Free Dining Guide.

I would recommend that you get some dining cards that are in several languages. It has always been a big help to me.

I am sorry that I am not much help.

Lisa

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Lisa! I never knew about these places!!!!!!!!!!! I think maybe I will have to check them out!

(Bev, I am in the DC suburbs.......would love to see you!)

Bev, I'll do a search...I have posted a few times about places up here. I'll try to find it.

I lived here twice as a kid (non Celiac at the time), and my family has been in the "midAtlantic" area since I was in elementary school. We were in VaBeach for a year and just moved up here in Oct.

Lisa! I never knew about these places!!!!!!!!!!! I think maybe I will have to check them out!

(Bev, I am in the DC suburbs.......would love to see you!)

Bev, I'll do a search...I have posted a few times about places up here. I'll try to find it.

I lived here twice as a kid (non Celiac at the time), and my family has been in the "midAtlantic" area since I was in elementary school. We were in VaBeach for a year and just moved up here in Oct.

That would be so fun! email me and let's see if we can work something out. :D

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Hubby and I are going to DC in mid-Feb and staying in Georgetown. haven't been to DC since I've been gluten-free so I'm looking for some restaurant recommendations. We will be seeing the sights (Smithsonian etc.) during the day and i always find lunch difficult.

Also want one really nice dinner since it's his birthday. Thank you!

http://www.celiachandbook.com

Lots of restaurant listings all over the world.