Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robiond19

Results Tomorrow

Hi Everyone,

I posted two weeks ago about the biopsy for celiac disease.

I am a little nervous about the results. I really don't want to go gluten free or be sick for that matter, but on the other hand if I had an answer at least I could move on.

Looking down at this enormous belly is really making me p####off, especially since I am so thin and work so hard to stay in shape. My partner measured my belly last week, a whopping 39", I wear a 31" jean and run, cycle and swim 5x a week. Looking in the mirror I feel like an old guy with skinny legs, no butt and a big beer belly. Will I ever see my abs again?

Sorry just had to sound off. I really have been feeling down lately, my energy level has definitely dropped. I am still following my training schedule but it really wears me out now. Finding it hard to eat enough because if I eat too much I feel really bad and the Belly grows! I haven't gone gluten free because I am going to request, no I am going to demand, the blood work panel for Celiac whether or not the biopsy is positive or not.

I understand that one can have a negative biopsy but yet still have Celiac? Would that be in the earlier stages where there isn't much damage to the small intestine?

Also last summer I had a severe bout with diarrhea, six weeks several timeas a day and in the middle of the night. At that time my GP ran a zillion tests and found nothing. I lost 12 lbs and started to feel really bad. After seeing a gastro he determined that the diarrhea was a result of the Nexium that I was prescribed for all the stomach problems that I was having. After stopping the Nexium the diarrhea cleared up and I gained about half the weight back, now here is a thought, I wonder if that whole episode could have been related to Celiac? Has anyone had a similar experience?

I have to say that my bathroom habits have never been the same, I don't go frequently like that last episode, but my stool is different, runny, floats, etc.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I will post tomorrow after I see the Gastro with the reuslts. Thanks for lthe support and the answers.

Rob

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Good luck tomorrow! It could be celiac, it could be something else that you eat. But getting tested is a good route to start on. I know it's tough to wait, but hang in there. It will get better!

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA