Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennifervan

Floating Stool

Wether I have been on or off gluten I have had floating stool. When I do not eat gluten I am more regular. I have heard that floating stool is a sign of malabsorption. However, my floating stool never seened to get better.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience. Or, it anyone knew what more about what floating stool meant.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mom to Arie (7), Ben(5), Tobie (d. 3/26/04)

and Gabi, who we recently adopted from Guatemala (12/23/06)

Diagnosed with Celiac 12/05 by genetic test

I believe I had Celiac years before I was diagnosed. I have had many health problems, including arthritis in my knee, hair falling out, depression, bloating, IBS, anemia, osteoparosis, pre-term labor, two miscarraiges, and a son who died of Anencephaly (a neural tube deficit) at five days old....I wish I had known sooner.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wether I have been on or off gluten I have had floating stool. When I do not eat gluten I am more regular. I have heard that floating stool is a sign of malabsorption. However, my floating stool never seened to get better.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience. Or, it anyone knew what more about what floating stool meant.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer, I have been gluten free for just over a year, and yes mine still float. Sometimes they sink, and that feels great. But they usually float and the diahrroea has gone, but they still float. I have gotten used to it, and not expecting it to change.