Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jo.R

Need Meds, What Can I Take

Well, I've been gluten free for a week, not enjoying it. I have two questions.

One: I just tried a rice tortilla and it was horrid, it was worse than eating a stale flour tortilla. It was so dry I ended up feeding it to my dog ( she had no complaints :P ). This stuff is expensive as you all know, so anyone have a good recomendation? BTW I don't like corn tortillas.

Two: I need a otc pain reliever. Any sugestions. I perfer Equate brand, or other knock offs, but will take what I can. I tried to talk to my Pharmacist. What a joke, he basicaly told me not to try new brands and stick with what I used before. I told him that I'd been sick for over a year and that what I used then may not be good for me now, so (get this) he told me to use what I used before I was sick.

Thanks

Stomach problems began November of 2005

Gall bladder removed April 2006

Positive Blood test October 2006

Refused endoscope

Gluten-free since January 21, 2007

Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, I've been gluten free for a week, not enjoying it. I have two questions.

One: I just tried a rice tortilla and it was horrid, it was worse than eating a stale flour tortilla. It was so dry I ended up feeding it to my dog ( she had no complaints :P ). This stuff is expensive as you all know, so anyone have a good recomendation? BTW I don't like corn tortillas.

Two: I need a otc pain reliever. Any sugestions. I perfer Equate brand, or other knock offs, but will take what I can. I tried to talk to my Pharmacist. What a joke, he basicaly told me not to try new brands and stick with what I used before. I told him that I'd been sick for over a year and that what I used then may not be good for me now, so (get this) he told me to use what I used before I was sick.

Thanks

Hello;

I'm not sure about pain relievers, I use Tylonal, I do know that Equate decongestion is gluten free, and I've heard quite a few of their products are. At least in Canada.

Some where in this site is a gluten free meds thread. Have you tried a search?

Gluten free eating does give you a learning curve for sure. I use Kinnikinnick white tapioca bread, or their sandwich bread. Their English muffins are wonderful. However ... remember that you have to heat gluten free baked products for them to taste their best. I use the micro, or the toaster. A new clean of bread crumbs toaster. Don't use your old one.

Stay with it, things will get easier! :P

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

hello & welcome!

1: look thru the recipe/baking forum here. there are TONS of great options for tasty gluten-free foods. i know it is hard at first, but you will get the hang of it. we're all here to help :) specifically on the subject of corn tortillas, did you eat it cold? because if you warm them in the microwave for a few seconds they really soften up and will roll into shape, also they are great in enchiladas.

2: i believe i have used a target brand or something ibuprofen. just gotta read the labels!

good luck & keep at it!

1) the food for life brown rice tortillas, I think, are fine - IF you heat them up first. :) that holds for a lot of gluten-free foods.

2) I use aleve or advil liquid-gels, neither being generic. I would suggest calling the company and finding out from them what's gluten free if you can't find it on glutenfreedrugs.com.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA