Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest pdwillis

Help Wtth Results Of Celiac Panel

Guest pdwillis

hi im new to these forums. My 13 year old son got his results back from the celiac panel. His Igg score was 69.8 and his iga was 9, normal range for both is 1-25. I am really confused on what this means. Does this mean he has celiac, or does he have some other auto-immune disease. Any help would be appreciated, We cant get in to see his dr for 2 weeks, she is on medical leave.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest pdwillis
What about the tTg results? The EMA? And, what about total syrum IgA??

I have no idea, i am going to call and see if i can get an copy of the whole test

thank you

paula

Sure. =)

The total syrum is important to know whether or not the person is IgA deficient, and if so - the results have to be interpreted differently.

tTg and EMA are *very* specific to Celiac - so if those two are elevated, it's a good bet that a Celiac dx is in the future. IgG and IgA antibody tests DO tell of gluten intolerance or other leaky gut issues, but can't confirm or deny Celiac.

All of the tests combined give a much clearer picture. Let us know when you get the additional information!!! =)

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

his IGG and IGA of what?

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

his IGG and IGA of what?

I was assuming she meant IgA and IgG anti-gliadin antibodies, since the two seem to go hand in hand. If I was wrong, I'm sorry for misunderstanding!! =)

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

Guest pdwillis
I was assuming she meant IgA and IgG anti-gliadin antibodies, since the two seem to go hand in hand. If I was wrong, I'm sorry for misunderstanding!! =)

Yes you were right, im sorry i didnt explain more, I am so new to this, and so confused, My husband just went to pick up the full report. I hope it will explain more

paula