Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rutland

Egg Replacer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Ener-G replacer for most everything. The best way to use it is to use 1 tbsp powder to 2 tbsp of warm water. I've never had anything not turn out yet. The other thing you can use if flax meal. Mix together 1 cup cold water and 1/4 cup flax meal and shake well. Store in the fridge and shake well before each use. Use 1/4 cup per egg.

Amy

I use Ener-G replacer for most everything. The best way to use it is to use 1 tbsp powder to 2 tbsp of warm water. I've never had anything not turn out yet. The other thing you can use if flax meal. Mix together 1 cup cold water and 1/4 cup flax meal and shake well. Store in the fridge and shake well before each use. Use 1/4 cup per egg.

Amy

How long does the flax meal replacer last in the frig?

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Amy,

Have you noticed that some recipes specify egg replacer and eggs? lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

Amy,

Have you noticed that some recipes specify egg replacer and eggs? lm

I can't say that I have seen a recipe that called for buth. My guess is thar the egg replacer would help bind the recipe together.

Amy

I use Follow Your Heart Grapeseed Vegenaise (mayo) which is gluten, dairy, gmo and egg free and it tastes pretty good. I use one Tablespoon for every egg I need to replace in baking or cooking pancakes etc. It works. I tried the egg replacer but I like the Vegenaise better and it's easy...easy is good.