This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weight Loss Suppourt Thread (shannonl) And Any Others Who Want To Join

Guest AutumnE

Viola 1 Rookie
Chocolate fruit salad--Shirley, I like how you think!

I've been reading all along, and I'd love to join in, if I may :)

I love the idea of doing this with you all. I'm pretty motivated--this should be fun!

Welcome to this nutty group, I'm so glad you are joining us. We are having such fun, but I'm sure it's helping too. At least I'm down two pounds since we started :P

For today;

B - gluten free cereal with skim milk

L- peanut butter and banana sandwich

S - orange & handful of M & Ms

D - left over scalped potato, pork chop and little bit of peas.

S - probably pop corn and a glass of wine :lol:

Anyone know how many callories in a glass of wine? Or do I want to know? :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lonewolf Collaborator
:lol::lol: Liz, that's my laugh for the day, I'm going to picture your hubby with that hammer all day now :lol: Did he use a chisel too? That's too funny!

Yup, chocolate has come a long way ... it's now a health food. Isn't it wonderful? Melt it and dip strawberries in it and you have a chocolate fruit salad :P

Shirley - I just said a little while ago that we needed a chisel! The kids were trying to cut pieces off with a butcher knife and not getting much more than shavings. I've been good and not had even a taste today! BTW - what is the significance of your screen name?

I had a busy day again though and weird eating. I coach our middle school girls' basketball team, that my daughter is on, and we won our second game this afternoon. I think we've played the two easiest teams though, so I'm not getting too cocky. I really enjoy it!

B - 3 pieces of turkey bacon (nitrite free) and 2 apple slices

L - Apple and a few salsa flavored tortilla chips

S - two chocolate balls (okay, I did have chocolate, but I was hungry and they were just sitting right there in the teacher work room on my way to teach band.)

D - meat and rice chili with lots of onions and large chunks of tomato (I didn't have beans, so I used leftover cooked rice - it turned out good, but more carbs than I wanted), carrot sticks

Patti - it will be fun to have you join us!

Guest AutumnE

Whew I am behind! Our tax money came in and I'm enjoying spending it ;):P

Not too much though, were hoping to take a vacation in september so its part of our savings for it or our furnace if it goes out <_< Our furnace is about 50 years old and it works but its starting to act up once in awhile and the pilot goes out so we need some extra cash saved just in case. We have replaced basically everything else in this house so its the only thing that could go out. We are also going to paint the outside of our house this year. Im hoping it will help sell our house by sprucing up the paint job. Its tan and slate blue shutters and looking kinda old. Im doing great on the meat I bought :) It makes me so happy to have a little more variety in my diet. Happy Belated valentines to everybody, sorry I missed it. We didnt celebrate too much here just a little chocolate for my dh and a nice dinner and a few toys for my daughter.

Shirley- That is cool about the prizes you will have, I dont know anything about golf but it sounds wonderful. I hope you have a huge turnout. Fish and chips sounds sooo good! I havent had that for ages. We used a chocolate fountain for my daughter's birthday parties, caramel fondue, and cream cheese dip with lots of fruit, marshmallows and cookies to dip it in. I love chocolate covered strawberries and bananas. Hmm wine let me look it up?

Patti- We would be happy to have you join us :) I know how it is with the intolerances, Im limited too. Congrats on the 10 pounds lost that is wonderful! My sister loves pilates, she is really getting toned up from them. Im sorry you had to go through surgery but Im glad your back on the mend.

Liz- Geez that is a huge candy bar, shirley is right we need to get over and help ya take care of it ;) I can totally picture your hubby breaking up the candy bar :D That is funny! Congratulations on your win, my dad taught middle school basketball for years, I was the assistant. It was an all girls team so he needed a female there also.

Shannon- I love crawdads! When we would go up to my grandpa's cabin it was a regular pasttime to go crawdad fishing. I would love the recipe since my mom loves cajun food. It sounds tasty! I bloat really badly. Right now I am actually. Im going on two months of my cycles being out of whack, if it extends to three I have to go on provera but I hate the mood swings I get with them. Congratulations on avoiding the sweets :)

Mayflowers- Its probably just water weight. I cant remember exactly but its over 3000 calories for a true pound of fat and Im sure you didnt eat 12000 calories of muffins :)

Tomorrow I need to buy a birthday present for my niece and probably pick up a toy for my daughter.

Hope you all have a good day!

Autumn :)

Guest AutumnE

Now for my food for the day :)

Breakfast- Steak and eggs YUM!

Snack- Celery sticks

Lunch- Roast and veggies

Snack- raw cauliflower and celery sticks

Dinner- Chicken salad with olive oil and lemon juice and seasonings and okra

Snack (yep a third snack) Peaches. Surprisingly no breathing problems. Im not sure why though. Usually fruit bothers me but I was craving a sweet.

Shirley here's a calorie list for wine looks like its just a touch higher for red wine.

Open Original Shared Link

Viola 1 Rookie

:o Oh my, a chisel would probably be safer than a butcher knife :lol:

Liz, my screen name isn't anything exciting. It's my middle name. I have so many passwords and user names that I have to use something I can remember :lol: It's an age thing you know. :rolleyes:

Autumn, you have your tax money already? We haven't even filed ours yet. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. We are still waiting for some T4s. Can't file until all those are in. Would you believe it is the government ones we are waiting for :rolleyes: Go figure.

Patti, our treadmill is downstairs, but I don't like using it. Sometimes it does strange things like go faster without me doing anything. So I walk the dog outside and do crunches up here. I'm up to 65 a day now. Getting a nice flat tummy and waistline, but I still look pregnate above the waist for some strange reason. Have an appointment with the doctor on the 27th to check into it. I've got a real sore spot in there too. So, we'll see if it's anything exciting.

I'm off to watch CSI now;

Good night all

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone :)

Shirley, wine has somewhere around 95-100 calories per 4 oz. glass--depending on the variety.

Liz--your big candy bar :lol:

I haven't eaten a thing yet today--came in to check emails and got sucked into the board! I am going to fire up the treadmill today--I hope it won't have a mind of it's own like Shirley's :unsure: I plan to start out slow, and work up.

I really can't wait till the ice is gone and it gets a little warmer--I'd much rather walk around the neighborhood with Mark.

Autumn--Thanks for starting this thread! We haven't even finished our taxes yet--although Mark also does our sons', and did those first.

Mayflowers Contributor

Hey I'm always for chocolate. I think they need help eating it too! :lol: I had a bad day at work the other day and I stopped and bought a bag of Nestle truffles and 3 Hershey LARGE Silk bars. I ate 1/2 of one and some truffles. All at my reward meal of course, which is perfectly allowed on my plan.

Welcome Jerseyangel from another Jersey girl. :)

I was sick yesterday... "D" so maybe that'll help me to get back to where I was last week? I have a chicken intolerance and especially Perdue chicken makes me sick. Some brands I can eat like Tycson. I ate a nice organic applegate farms chicken sausage and I think that wasn't good. So I'm back to vegetarian, (sort of) Ok, pescatarian.

B - Cheese omlette

L - salad, and a scoop of seafood salad...

D - Tofu and rice with peas, salad, chocolate...maybe some ice cream....

I'm not allowed to snack between meals on this plan, but I'm never hungry anyway....That's what I love about it.

Usually I could stuff myself and still lose but since I've become perimenopausal, I look at a muffin and gain 4 pounds. Cripe! It takes me a week of strict dieting to LOSE a single stupid pound and I can gain 4 in a week. I HATE getting older. I'm even upping my exercise now. I just walked 25 mins.

JerseyAngel - Cute kitty. Is it a boy? Is it "aloof" like mine? My cat is so unaffectionate but he's friendly.

Diana

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest ShannonL

I am getting so frustrated with my body lately. I feel AND LOOK so bloated. I am planning to start ecersize MONDAY!!!

Yesterday I ate:

B-skipped

L-Forgot

D ham sandwhich and doritos

S almonds

Today

b-banana and almonds

S-2 hot dogs (I waited too long to eat)

L-tuna salad with nut crackers and a pear

S-

d- We will have tacos

Viola: "Getting a nice flat tummy and waistline, but I still look pregnate above the waist for some strange reason" I also look much more pregnant than I did at my 8 week appointment after Paige was born 12 months ago!! Driving me crazy.

Autumn: I am jealous of all that meat. I want a steak so bad. Maybe dinner tomarrow. The chicken stuffed with cajun crawfish rice actually came from a local store pre-stuffed. Looks pretty simple to make (except they debone the whole chicken...how do they do that?) I will look in some of my local cookbooks to see if I can find a receipe. Can you get crawfish there? We have them frozen in the grocery store all year. I cant wait for shrimp season to start. We can walk to the dock and get HUGE shrimp for $2-4 a pound!

Jerseygirl: Welcome. I am usually a lurker too. This is a great bunch of people. Enjoy.

Lonewolf: Please be careful with that chocolate! Sounds like you are getting pretty serious with the chiseling!

Viola 1 Rookie

Ahhh, wine has that many huh :huh: But it counts as a fruit right? :lol:

Patti I sure hope your treadmill is behaving, it can get scary when they don't behave. We went for our usual walk outside today, but there is still so much ice around that you really don't get a whole lot of exersize. You're too busy trying to stay on your feet. <_<

My quilters came up about 11:00. We have shut our driveway down, so they had to walk all the way up. We have a long driveway. But Diane said it was worth walking up as she was scared to try cutting out her quilt without help, she got the squares cut out last week, so it was the triangles today. Now she is ready to sew :D Joanne had her very first lesson in hand quilting today, she did very well. She says her stitches aren't as small as mine, but for her first time she did really great :D

It's a beautiful mild sunny day out today, lots of snow melting :P If there wasn't so much ice around I would take Sheba for an extra walk today.

Anyway, so far it's been;

B - gluten free cereal and skim milk

S - None, too busy quilting

L- a Banana and a rolo icecream cone .... there's protein and calcium in that .. right? :rolleyes:

D - I haven't decided yet .. maybe make hubby his gluten pasta and just have poached egg on gluten-free toast for myself. That sounds easy.

Hope you are all having a great day!

Guest AutumnE

Well, Today was not the best dieting day but I needed it somewhat :ph34r:

I was depressed over my limited choices and after talking to dh cheated tonight, and I did have to use benedryl and my inhaler but it felt good to cheat :o

Breakfast started out good- eggs today with applesauce on the side ( no breathing problems)

Lunch- Pork chops with veggies

Dinner- same as lunch

Snack ( OOPS) a mini bag of popcorn, and yes I do have a corn allergy :ph34r::blink: I swear I must be into torture. I did have issues but it has been so long since I had my favorite snack. Now my throat is swollen and it hurts to breathe a bit still but it will go away soon with the benedryl. I do have my inhaler which if I need to I can use it again. I also had a big glass of soda :ph34r:

Shirley- We did our taxes almost two weeks ago. It was a nice surprise that it was so quick to come back. I have dabbled in machine quilting but with quite a bit of help from my husband's cousin. I would love to take a class at our local joann fabrics. When my daughter is a little older since I would have to take her with me since dh works nights.

Patti- Im the same way on the internet, I get sucked in and rarely get up till my daughter gets up. I am so glad I had you all join me on this thread. I desperately need the accountability, If I have no one to "confess" to I am likely to cheat.

Diana- Chocoholics all around :D I am a recovering one ;)

Shannon- A side effect of Glucophage is bloating, unless I eat really low carb and drink water I will bloat with it. Im not sure if crawfish are available locally. I know you can get them at mio though but my grandparents sold their cabins a long time ago. Way before I was old enough to buy at least one of them, They had been in the family for years both are where my great grandparents first houses. One in mio and one in canada creek. I'll have to look for a recipe online. Shrimp here is pricey since it has to be shipped in. It was pretty cheap since it came to less than $2 a pound.

I love my treadmill but rarely use it anymore, too dangerous with a 3 year old since she could get hurt on it so I stick with my walk away the pounds tape unless I get a chance to go to the gym. I should go there more, I bought a lifetime membership 8 years ago and rarely use it since my daughter has been born.

I found out today that dh is going to be on layoff the last week of feburary and they also are changing his schedule from five eight hour days to four 10 hour days. I love my husband but I really really enjoy my time without him too ;) Plus he has ocd and hogs the computer when he is home. Today was not the best day either considering I was barked at for no reason by my mom and my sister. I swear they must be pmsing at the same time. Tomorrow Im making a vow to make no phone calls :) We are going to my niece's birthday party and sunday is our family day which means no computer just family fun. So I will chat with all of you on Monday. I hope you all have a good weekend :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi everyone!

Yesterday, I made gluten-free bread. Since I'm the only one who eats it, I slice and freeze the loaf to use as needed, and make some rolls with the excess dough.

So, I had a roll fresh out of the oven with a little Smart Balance... And another with dinner :ph34r:

The rest of the day, I did pretty well. :rolleyes:

I started the treadmill this morning!!!! 10 full minutes. I wanted to stop at 7, but what kept me going was I wanted to be able to come here and say I did 10. Doing this with a group is already helping me :D

Autumn, is your husband an auto tech, by any chance? My son is, and recently went from the 10 hour/4 day week to the 8 hour/5 day week. Sorry about the popcorn :angry: I tried some a while back, after avoiding it for months. Let's just say, it went in and came out within the hour <_< Guess corn still does not like me!

Shirley--I have to say my treadmill behaved itself this morning! Be careful on all that ice! :o

Hi Shannon--thanks for the welcome! We'll have to trade notes on the excercise :)

Diana--Hope you're feeling better today. :) Yep, the kitty is a boy, his name is Allo. He is rather aloof--but can be affectionate on his terms. Your kitty is beautiful!

Mayflowers Contributor

Autumn- I'm just amazed that you ate something that you know closes your throat up and hinders your breathing.. What were you thinking? I would not have corn in the house if I were so tempted. Tough noogies on the family. This is your life. I have a slight dairy allergy that gives me a stuffy nose on one side when I drink or eat dairy but if it did to me what you're experiencing I'd not go near it. I'm just worried about you dear. :(

I weighed in this morning..sigh. <_< I lost only 2 of the 4 pounds I gained from those evil muffins. EVIL! My perimenopausal harmones are not helping. I'm going to have to be more strict on my plan. I've decided to eat as close to vegitarian as I can get. Peanut Butter!!! (food of the gods) Just kidding. I could live on it. No bread needed.

Shannon - Girl, you need to eat more healthfully! Good lord, you must hate to cook. A ham sandwich and doritos for dinner?!! Let me give you a tip. If you buy the boullion cubes, (make sure they're gluten-free) fill a 4 qt. pot half way with water, drop 1 or 2 in. Then you can add some cooked chicken or sausage, (meat or poultry) throw in some frozen greens like spinach or green beens or carrots and add some dried herbs, black pepper and you simmer it for 15 mins and you have dinner all in one pot. I throw in a peeled cut up sweet potato and I add ginger powder or fresh. You can even add a 1/2 can (small one) of plain tomato sauce. I make my dump soup very often, since my sons are still on the "kid's menu" thing I usually make them something more a kid would like. My little son will be 15 next week. They grow so fast! :wub:

Viola - you're doing great! Hope your quilt turns out ok. I'm going back to school for a BA. I want to either sculpt or paint. Continuing education keeps one from getting senile...and alzheimer's.

Lonewolf and JerseyAngel, may we call you by your names? Jersey, I'm walking inside. I work in UMDNJ and the campus in New Brunswick is really big inside. I can walk from the school to the hospital and back 2 times and it's about 25 mins of walking! It's great because it's indoors.

Diana :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Diana--

Sorry, I used to have my name in my sig., and when I changed some of the info in it, I left it off. Then, I put it under my avatar, but had to change it when I put the cat up there. It's Patti, and of course you can use it :D

Lucky you to be able to walk inside! The treadmill is ok for now, with the weather we're having, but I'd really rather be actually *walking*!

Mayflowers Contributor

Hey Patti,

It's supposed to be 36 today so that's not too cold to walk outside... So did you have your

official weigh in?

jerseyangel Proficient
Hey Patti,

It's supposed to be 36 today so that's not too cold to walk outside... So did you have your

official weigh in?

Official weigh in? I did weigh myself this morning and I'm still holding steady!

After I did my big 10 minutes on the treadmail, I did a full Pilates workout. The first time since before the surgery :D

I just took a shower, and I really feel good! Best of all, I'm wearing my pre-surgery jeans--*and they're a little bit loose*!!

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi everyone! Yes, please call me Liz!

I'm glad I came on today - I was just feeling frustrated, since I gained my lost pound back and was going to forget the diet for today. It's not too late to get back on track, so I'll buck up and behave for the rest of the day.

My daughter (and I) had a game at 8:40 this morning, so we were up early for a Saturday. I ate on the run, but not too bad. (BTW - we won the game!)

B - apple, 1 Tbs. almond butter

S - a few bites of leftover rice and meat from dinner last night

L - 4 small pancakes with a bit of syrup

NO CHOCOLATE SO FAR TODAY!

I'm going to go for a walk/run with my girls and the dog. That should burn off some of those carbs.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Liz,

Congrats on winning the game! :)

Don't sweat the pound--you're on top of it, and it'll be gone before you know it.

I know how hard it is to stay away from the chocolate......

Guest ShannonL

Diana:

"Shannon - Girl, you need to eat more healthfully! Good lord, you must hate to cook. A ham sandwich and doritos for dinner?!! Let me give you a tip. If you buy the boullion cubes, (make sure they're gluten-free) fill a 4 qt. pot half way with water, drop 1 or 2 in. Then you can add some cooked chicken or sausage, (meat or poultry) throw in some frozen greens like spinach or green beens or carrots and add some dried herbs, black pepper and you simmer it for 15 mins and you have dinner all in one pot. I throw in a peeled cut up sweet potato and I add ginger powder or fresh. You can even add a 1/2 can (small one) of plain tomato sauce. I make my dump soup very often, since my sons are still on the "kid's menu" thing I usually make them something more a kid would like. My little son will be 15 next week. They grow so fast!"

LOL....I dont hate to cook. I have no appetite lately. So I skipped dinner and then at 7:45pm because my stomach was growling made the sandwich. I am also kinda bummed with my recent celiac dx. I feel a little lost on meals. As a matter of fact I just told my DH today that I think I am going to go on Slim fast for breakfast and lunch since I no longer enjoy food. I am just in a mood today! I think I gluten myself this morning (on accident) or I have a dairy intolerance...all of a sudden. I have had stomach "issues" and cramps since I ate some cereal this am.

I have lost 2 pounds but feel so FAT today. I am soooo sick of preparing 4 meals everynight. One for me...one my my husband and one for each of my kids! I am going to make a menu that is more "family" friendly. Paige lives on her same 5 foods and $45 a day can of baby formula so she is expensive but easy. It's the other two that are killing me. My husband being the biggest PAIN :) LOL

Have a great day. This is today so far...

B-oatmeal with almonds (hence the possible gluten)

L-chicken and rice soup

I do love soups. I could live on them. I think I am going to make a big pot of soup Monday and eat that this week. GOOD IDEA.

lonewolf Collaborator
I am soooo sick of preparing 4 meals everynight. One for me...one my my husband and one for each of my kids! I am going to make a menu that is more "family" friendly. Paige lives on her same 5 foods and $45 a day can of baby formula so she is expensive but easy. It's the other two that are killing me. My husband being the biggest PAIN :) LOL

:huh: No way! You need to find something that everyone will eat. And if they won't eat it - let them make their own! I have 4 kids and this is our rule. My oldest is 15 and my youngest is 9 and there are times when they have a PB and J for dinner, but I'm not making 2 meals! That said, I do try to stick with kid friendly food to start with. (My hubby was a pain until my father in law heard him complain once about something and FIL told him to "shut up and be thankful" that I cooked at all and to appreciate that I AM a good cook.)

Here are some of our favorites:

Tacos (taco salad for me)

Pizza

Spaghetti and meatballs

Chicken Caesar salad

Roast chicken with rosemary

Chicken and dumplings

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes

Curried chicken

Hamburgers

Teriyaki chicken

Hotdogs and "Spud Puppies" (like Tator Tots)

Chili

Lentil or Black Bean soup

Stew made with ground turkey, onions, potatoes and carrots

Chinese chicken salad with fried rice noodles

Mexican lasagne

Baked potatoes with lots of different toppings

Mashed potatoes and chicken gravy

Breakfast for dinner

I'm still holding strong. Went for a walk with a little bit of running and haven't had anything else except some water. I probably do need to figure out what's for dinner!

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi all! We spent the morning and part of the afternoon over at the Club house interviewing people for the greens keeper job. I think we got a good one, he's a nice young, clean cut man who is interested in learning from our Superintendent and wants to take a course that is geared for working on golf courses. So, that's a good thing :P

Actually, four of the five that showed up today, were nice people, who would likely make good greenskeepers, but we were really hoping to find one that would be able to take over as Superintendent when ours retires in about three years, and I think the one we picked will do that.

Would you believe one showed up to the interview unshaven, dirty clothes, and smelling like he hadn't seen a shower in a month :o:huh: Do people really think they would get a job like that? :o Not on our course for sure, they have to work around the public! :rolleyes:

Anyway, let's see what's happening here.

Patti, Good for you getting in the 10 full minutes!!! I'm sure glad your treadmill is behaving! I wish ours was. I think the next time our friendly electrician comes up we'll see if he can fix it. Part of our walk is bare now, so just a small part that is still icy. Hopefully it will soon all be gone. It was almost most 40 degree F. yesterday, but back down to about 37 degrees today. I say about because it was actually 10 C yesterday and 8 C today. :lol: Don't you love the differences when we are only miles apart?

Shannon, I cook a separate meal for hubby sometimes, it used to be more often than not, but he will now eat Tinkyada pasta, so that helps a lot. And I really do hate cooking. :lol: I would much rather sew, train dogs, paint, or anything besides cooking. Strangly enough, everyone thinks I'm a good cook. Maybe I would have become a chef if I had of liked it :lol: Good for you for loosing the two pounds!

Liz, I know how you feel. I didn't gain any this week, but didn't loose either. Two many yummy days in town. I behave much better at home. Just because I don't keep any of the stuff I can't resist in the house. I'm not very good at giving up my chocolate. But we will both do better this coming week for sure!

Congatulations on winning the game!

Autumn, I love to quilt. I haven't had as much time lately as I would like though. I taught quilting for almost 20 years. I don't now though as I don't like the winter driving on mountain roads. But I specialized in hand applique and fabric design. You really can do almost anything with fabric that you can do with a paint brush. It's great fun. I do hope you have a chance to get into it.

Diana, I really agree with you! Continuing education is really important at any age, but especially for those of us getting up in years. It doesn't even have to be formal education, just do something new and fun that gets the mind working. All the arts are so good for that! I'm sure you will have great fun with it.

So far today I've had

B - gluten free cereal with skim milk

L- low fat mozzarella cheese melted on corn chips and an orange

S - 12 M&Ms ... there goes that darn chocolate again.

D- I'm not sure yet, but I'd better figure it out soon, or hubby will be us looking for food. :lol: He's downstairs watching hockey right now.

Enjoy your weekend all!

lonewolf Collaborator

It seems like everyday I'm on here confessing to eating more than I should. I've got to get this under control! "Hi, my name is Liz and I'm a food-aholic".

Last night I ate pizza for dinner - just 3 small slices, very reasonable, and a salad with a bit of Italian dressing. The "bad" thing yesterday was the 3 pieces of toast made from brown rice bread. It started out as two, but I added another one. :(

Today:

Brunch - 4 small pancakes with a touch of real maple syrup

Snack - cooked carrots

More snack - 1/3 package of rice crackers in the car on the way home from Costco

Dinner - Cold carrot soup (aka melted carrot cake Rice Cream that the girls and I shared. They're a bad influence on me. They are both thin.) Turkey sandwich with 2 pieces rice toast and lettuce. Several more rice crackers dipped in spaghetti sauce.

Dessert - oranges dipped in melted dark chocolate and a few bites of banana, also chocolate dipped.

My tummy hurts! We're going to play a game of Scrabble and then go for a walk. I am going to get back on track tomorrow! We're going to the gym to work out and burn off some chocolate calories.

Viola 1 Rookie

Oh Liz .... chocolate dipped fruit! That's to die for :P That would be impossible to resist.

Busy day for me today. Morning was at home just doing chores :( you know those hateful house cleaning stuff :huh:

Went to Castlegar this afternoon for a kennel club meeting, then a few of us die hard obedience people worked our dogs until four. Add an hour to drive home and got home right at supper time.

Actually came home to a great surprise! :o My hubby was cooking supper! Yup, really, he did the whole thing! I think it's the first time in years, but hey ... I'm not complaining :lol:

So, this morning was;

B - my usual gluten free cereal in skim milk

L - two small left over pancakes, one with low fat cheese spread and one with syrup

S - none

D - boiled potato, two small sausage and cream corn, an orange for desert

S - popcorn and a glass of wine

Kaycee Collaborator

Haven't been here for a day or two.

Been so busy with work again. After 7 weeks off it is hard going. Have been walking at 5.30 in the morning with a friend. We gossip more than anything, had to watch my words this morning as her teenage son was with us this morning. I am practising for a 5km beach to basin walk next month. It is not much longer than what I usually walk in the mornings, but there will be hoardes of people and I will be trying to keep up with them. And it is still summer and it gets hot and humid here.

I fell off the wagon one night or two and ate what I liked as in gluten free of course, but then damn it, the next day my body was not very willing to do without the goodies. I did make myself quite ill, a bit like a gluten poisoning, but probably more too much food!

So I am back to low carb and it so agrees with the hunger pangs, they don't happen as much nor are they as strong. I even passed up on ice cream tonight!

B. Yoghurt and pears

S. Banana, 4 corn crackers

L. Salad with chicken, apricot and apple.

T. Chips and 2 pre-cooked sausages. (that is why I am glad I said no to icecream)

We have two new additions to our family.

One night last week, walking the dog we came accross a budgie who couldn't fly. I couldn't leave it there, so I caught it and walked to a friends place, hoping she had a spare cage lying around, like you do. And she did. So we tried finding the owner for the budgie, but no luck, so today after thinking about owning budgies like we did years ago, I went and bought a cage and another budgie. I won't put them together until I have de-mited and de-wormed little houdini. Mabye the new one is called BeeGee (blue girl (very pale blue and grey)) Houdini could be GeeBee as in Green boy. Still the jury is out on those. Also, there is gluten in the budgie mix, but I love their tweetering.

Cathy

lonewolf Collaborator

Shirley - When you come down to share my chocolate will you help me train my 7 month old puppy? I fear that he is training me more than the other way around. I'm good with kids, but am stumped with him. He's more spoiled than any of my 4 kids are! I'm lucky to be able to get him to walk on a leash for a few minutes until we get to where he can be off-leash and get all that puppy energy out. The kids have been helping teach him things like sit, shake, dance, lay down, stay and roll over, but he'll only do those tricks if we have treats for him. He'll also only come when he's called if he knows we have a treat. We were going to get him into dog obedience, but both classes in our area fall on days that I coach basketball, so will have to wait until summer, when the boys' baseball season is over, since that will interfere too.

Cathy - Good for you to be up early exercising every day! Sorry to be ignorant, but what is a budgie? It sounds like what we call a parakeet? I love the web - it's so fun to have people from all over the world on this forum. I have a friend who lives in New Zealand now and would love to go visit her - we were roommates in college.

Guest ShannonL

Lonewolf:

Can you please share with me (or the grop these recipes) They look great!

Chicken and dumplings

Teriyaki chicken

"Spud Puppies" (like Tator Tots)

Chinese chicken salad with fried rice noodles

Mexican lasagne

I would REALLY appreciate it

Shannon

Archived