Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lizzz88

Questions About Contacts And Food Allergies..

I was wondering if anyone knew if it would matter if my contact solution was gluten free or not. I'm just paranoid about everything! :x

I was also wondering if anyone could give me advice about food allergy testing. I'm thinking about doing that because i'm not sure if i'm allergic to other things or not. I love dairy products and I want to make sure i'm not lactose intolerant. If I am, can i take those tablets called lactaid? or something like that?

Thanks! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was wondering if anyone knew if it would matter if my contact solution was gluten free or not. I'm just paranoid about everything! :x

I was also wondering if anyone could give me advice about food allergy testing. I'm thinking about doing that because i'm not sure if i'm allergic to other things or not. I love dairy products and I want to make sure i'm not lactose intolerant. If I am, can i take those tablets called lactaid? or something like that?

Thanks! :)

Sterile contact solution CAN NOT contain gluten b/c gluten is not sterile and is not isotonic. The molecule is too big to be absorbed by the eye mucus, and only substances that can be absorbed by the eye mucus will be in contact solution. The solution must be a certain salt/saline ration to pass through the eye membrane and not affect the pressure in the blood vessels.

That being said, if your contact solution is not sterile, then who knows what

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Sterile contact solution CAN NOT contain gluten b/c gluten is not sterile and is not isotonic. The molecule is too big to be absorbed by the eye mucus, and only substances that can be absorbed by the eye mucus will be in contact solution. The solution must be a certain salt/saline ration to pass through the eye membrane and not affect the pressure in the blood vessels.

That being said, if your contact solution is not sterile, then who knows what