Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cougar09

Do I Have To Eat "bad" Food So It Will Show Up On Allergy Test?

I have been trying to cut out dairy for the past week to see if that would help my reactions I still keep having despite being gluten-free, and now my doctor has scheduled me for a test in a few hours. so my question is, no one seems to know if I should be eating dairy this morning so it will show up in the test results, and if so, how many hours before the test I would have to do that. pleaaaaaaase help me asap! thanks

21 yr. old female

Eastern Upstate N.Y.

Diagnosed 1/1/07

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have been trying to cut out dairy for the past week to see if that would help my reactions I still keep having despite being gluten-free, and now my doctor has scheduled me for a test in a few hours. so my question is, no one seems to know if I should be eating dairy this morning so it will show up in the test results, and if so, how many hours before the test I would have to do that. pleaaaaaaase help me asap! thanks

ps it's an ALLERGY TEST, I forgot to mention that

21 yr. old female

Eastern Upstate N.Y.

Diagnosed 1/1/07

ps it's an ALLERGY TEST, I forgot to mention that

Allergy tests are not the same as Celiac tests. If you are allergic to something, you don't have to be consuming it to react. If you suspect you are allergic to milk, by all means... don't drink it.

I have three children who have been allergy tested (both RAST tests and Skin tests) numerous times. I would *never* purposely feed them foods that I thought or knew they'd react to. Don't do that to yourself!!

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3