Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Kara B.

How Long Have U Had Celiac?

Rate this topic

Hey

ive had celiac for about a year. i no peeple who have had it a long time i just dont no many teens w/ celiac. how long have u guys had celiac?

I JUST FOUND OUT 2-3 WEEKS AGO THE HARD WAY IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN! I JUST SAW THE NUTRIONULIST YESTERDAY SO BASSICLY 2 DAYS! I HATE IT!!!!! I WAS REALLY SAD AT FIRST :( I DONT KNOW ANYONE WITH CELIAC DISEASE AND I CANT TALK TO MY FRIENDS CUZ THEY DONT UNDERSTAND HOW HARD IT IS!!!!!

Ive had it about 18 years, pretty much since i could start eating solid foods...thats when i was diagnosed, so about since i was about a year old

I got my official diagnosis this morning.

My doctor said that with the damage I have and my medical records, I have had it my whole life, and it nearly killed me.

I was really surprised to find so much support on the web, though. It is making it easier to be gluten free, which I have had to be since I was released from the hospital a couple of months ago.

Guest Damo

You'd have to ask my intestines.

I was unofficially diagnosed a month and a half ago but only officially from biopsy results a week ago. Judging by the fact that I haven't put on any significant weight for 5 years, and have had on-and-off low iron for about 3 years, I'd say it'd be at least that long sinse I've had it. Those are my only symptoms which is good in a way but it also means my diagnosis has been postponed.

I had celiac almost all my life -- nearly 50 years. That's why I refer to myself as a banana baby. Way back then you eliminated everything and were started on bananas, and gradually added things.

Ed in MD

About three weeks ago although I've been on the diet for 5 weeks. I've prob. had symtoms all my life but was told it was the Cerebral Palsy. I started having unexplained problems in 95 and my first bout of low iron in 2000. I'd say I've been sytomatic for 13 years it just got to a breaking point 6 months ago.

I have had celiac officially for about 3 years..always had stomach aches though since ealry childhood, so probably longer.

at first it was really hard, but each day it gets easier.

I am a nutrition major in college, so i hope that one day i can help people the way i was helped.

Hi.

I been having symptoms all my life, since I was a kid, and I found out about Celiac at the age of 39.

The worse and more severe symptoms have been with me for the past 20 years.

Best regards to everyone.

Guest Joshua

I have only known for one month. Some of my symptoms are definately those of celiac. I tested positive for the genetic test so no gluten for life they say. :unsure: