This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

"house" Humour Of The Day!

Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Disclaimer: This is in no way intended to offend those who actually have lupus, but I thought this video was cute.

Open Original Shared Link

Hugs.

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gf4life Enthusiast

Okay, I had to laugh. Now, I know Lupus is a serious disease, and I have some good friends who have it, but I never noticed how often they bring it up on House. I watch it every week and still never noticed... :blink:

I couldn't believe last night's episode, it was a toothpick!! :lol:

cajun celiac Rookie

That was funny. Now I'll probably giggle every time I watch House and hear lupus. (That would be a fun drinking game.) Friday night I watched a rerun of House on USA and the patients (mother and newborn) had celiac. It was very disturbing. Also strange because celiac was discussed on The View that same day. Until my diagnosis a month ago I had never heard of celiac and now it seems to surround me.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh my gaaaaaaawsh! :lol: that's so crazy. had no idea they mentioned it that often.

Adelle Enthusiast

They had celiac on house?? We've only missed a few episodes, so it's one of those.

When ryan explained to a co-worker about why he couldn't eat pizza and always brought delishious-looking food, his friend said "oh like on 'house' that time?". we didn't see it, so we're not sure how accurate it is! Oh well. It is cool tho!

I can't see the lupus link (sidekick, not computer) :(. But I did notice how often they bring up lupus. They think everything is lupus, just like I think everyone's illness is celiac! Ha ha!

jerseyangel Proficient

That was funny. It made me remember the Seinfield episode where George kept asking his doctor--"Is it Lupus?"

I have to say that last night, I never saw the toothpick coming :D

gf4life Enthusiast
They had celiac on house?? We've only missed a few episodes, so it's one of those.

When ryan explained to a co-worker about why he couldn't eat pizza and always brought delishious-looking food, his friend said "oh like on 'house' that time?". we didn't see it, so we're not sure how accurate it is! Oh well. It is cool tho!

The Celiac episode on house wasn't like a normal celiac diagnosis. It was about this mom who goes psycho and kills her newborn, and it ends up it was because of the Celiac and the evil gluten made her do it! That was hard for us to swallow. In the end the lady refused to go on the gluten free diet because she wanted to die, and I think at that point she was already having serious complications like intestinal cancer and such.

Of course they had to make it really dramatic, or it wouldn't have made it as an episode, but us Celiacs would have liked to see it have been a bit more normal Celiac symptoms. I think the lady complained of a stomachache once the whole episode. They could have had a patient that was just wasting away to nothing and no one could figure out why they couldn't stop the D or something, and misdiagnosed it as an eating disorder, IBS, and all those other things...you know like lupus! (actually I think they did bring up lupus in that episode...)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast

I loved the House Celiac episode......I didn't have a stomach ache until about the last two years before dx, but was seriously and increasingly depressed (bipolar type II) my whole life......so even though it was a crazy and extreme case on House, I was glad that it dealt with it in a mental sense.....

besides, it might have been too boring for House to just show a Celiac with alternating diarrhea, constipation, and doubled over with stomach cramps and tripped up by brain fog - they always seem to need some sort or psychotic episode thrown in :P

happygirl Collaborator

So I love house and that clip made me laugh :)

speaking of lupus ......

Open Original Shared Link

interesting.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

:) lol house rocks!

That was funny. Now I'll probably giggle every time I watch House and hear lupus. (That would be a fun drinking game.) Friday night I watched a rerun of House on USA and the patients (mother and newborn) had celiac. It was very disturbing. Also strange because celiac was discussed on The View that same day. Until my diagnosis a month ago I had never heard of celiac and now it seems to surround me.

I feel like celiac is everywhere around me nowadays too! Weird how that happens!

They think everything is lupus, just like I think everyone's illness is celiac! Ha ha!

I wonder how true that is...I'm seriously convinced that my husband, and several friends have celiac disease....

elonwy Enthusiast
Okay, I had to laugh. Now, I know Lupus is a serious disease, and I have some good friends who have it, but I never noticed how often they bring it up on House. I watch it every week and still never noticed... :blink:

I couldn't believe last night's episode, it was a toothpick!! :lol:

If you are going to post something like this, please begin your post with "SPOILER ALERT". I have a weird schedule and have to Tivo stuff and watch it later in the week, and I had not seen this episode yet.

Thank you

Elonwy

gf4life Enthusiast

Sorry. :( Next time I won't tell...I didn't even think about Tivo. I don't even have cable! :lol: I heard a comercial the other day advertising a satelite dish that said"if you have cable, your are in the dark ages". My husband and I laughed and said we are in the pre-historic age! We use an antenna...

Guest jhmom

I DO have Lupus and I think it's great that House always mentions it, it's got all of you talking about it and possibly researching it,........ raising awareness...... that's what it's all about.

larry mac Enthusiast
So I love house and that clip made me laugh

hp,

Did you see the "valley girl" extra clips fron House season 2 on u-tube? It came up after we watched the lupus clip one. There are at least two different ones. Pretty funny.

best regards, lm

Archived