Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

has anyone else has a sensitivity to raisins, even though Sun Maid assures me they're gluten-free? I have been eating them assuming it's ok but still not feeling good after. Of course it could be any one of the other 561486745 issues involved w/celiac, but I thought I'd get some feedback before cutting them out.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

has anyone else has a sensitivity to raisins, even though Sun Maid assures me they're gluten-free? I have been eating them assuming it's ok but still not feeling good after. Of course it could be any one of the other 561486745 issues involved w/celiac, but I thought I'd get some feedback before cutting them out.

I've had problems with Sun Maid raisins and any chocolate covered ones. However, I've had Glutino raisin bread and don't have a problem. :huh: Go figure.

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

They give me problems too. I thought it was because of the high sugar content though? last time I ate them I got severe intestinal pain..could be because I ate so many though! <_<

I've had problems with SunMaid raisins too. I don't know why they bother me though.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

Raisins can work as a laxative, and give you gas, all by themselves without any help from any gluten. :) When you think about it, raisins are dried grapes, they're really a very condensed form of fruit. They also contain a lot of sugar which can also be a problem for some.

Pauliina

I have trouble with raisins, too. I can't remember what exactly it is, but grapes, pears, etc have something in them that can be hard to digest and raisins are super concentrated grapes. For the most part I stay away from them, but I'm able to tolerate them better now that I'm gluten-free.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.