Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbabe1968

Tastykake - Tandy Kakes....recipe...

I'm posting this on my blog...but I'll post here too.

I made this cake last night. I used to make it with wheat flour, before I had to go gluten free. BUT, I wanted to try it gluten free - and we had somewhere to take it today...well...I gave it a shot.

It tasted EXACTLY like it was supposed to...which is a Tastykake Peanutbutter Tandy Kake...sorry, it is not dairy or nut free :D

2 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 Tbs butter

1/2 cup milk

1 cup rice flour

1 cup white sugar

1/8 cup corn starch

1/2 tsp baking powder

pinch salt

8 oz peanut butter

8 oz milk chocolate

Sift flour, sugar, corn starch, baking powder and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. Mix eggs, vanilla, milk and butter together well in a separate bowl. Add to dry mixture and mix until well combined.

Grease a 2 qt baking dish (or you could us an 11 X 8 pan - if you half the recipe use an 8 X 8 or a pie pan). Pour in batter.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 (check at 30 minutes if edges are turning brown and toothpick in the center comes out fairly clean, go ahead and pull it out).

While cake is still warm, pour over peanut butter and spread over the top. Refridgerate cake.

After about an hour or so when cake is VERY cool. Melt chocolate in a glass bowl on high in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Pour over PB layer, and spread.

Put cake back in fridge.

Once the Chocolate is set....cut away and enjoy! :D

Took it to a playgroup today, neither moms nor kids would know it was gluten free! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):