Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TinkerbellSwt

Bad Dinner

I went to a restaurant tonite that is not necessarily celiac friendly, its a small owned place, not a chain or anything.. the chef came out as i requested, told him the deal, he said he would pan sear a filet mignon and steam a lobster tail for me, no seasonings, steam some veggies, no seasonings and a baked potato, seems all fine right?

well stupid me.. the food comes out and the steak is on this sauce, looks ok, but i felt funny about tasting it, i took a bit on my fork, within 10 minutes i bloated right up.. so they took it back, and were going to give me a new dinner,

i had to leave, not feeling well, I just cant use public bathrooms unless its a dire emergency..

my mom just got here with my "new" dinner.. just a piece of meat thrown in a styrofoam tray.

can you belive this???

i think they are going to hear from me!

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

" looks ok, but i felt funny about tasting it, i took a bit on my fork, within 10 minutes i bloated right up.. so they took it back, and were going to give me a new dinner"

Sorry to hear about that. They really should have offered a better replacement. It happened to me last weekend at a supposedly celiac friendly restaurant. Fortunately I had my husband try the first dish they brought out and we questioned it, then they brought out the replacement and I got glutened by it. I'm not one to speak up but I called and let them know about it and asked some questions just so I could be more informed to decide if I'll go there again. They seemed very informed and are going to send a gift card. I don't really care about that but they offered. Two weeks ago, we ordered at a different restuarant that I've had safe meals at before, and they took so long that we had to leave and get it in to go boxes and I got glutened. So, I'm learning my lessons the hard way and have to start to adhere to what everyone says, that we should go when they are not busy. For now, I'm puting a temporary ban on eating out.

It's taken me all week to get over this one. Hope are feeling well again soon.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies