Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmyTopolski

Does Anyone Make Their Own Noodles?

Hi,

I have recently been trying to find a recipe for noodles since we can't afford to buy premade gluten free noodles. I did find a recipe on this website, but it call for potato flour. My daughter is not a fan of this flour. So, I was just wondering if anyone else had a good recipe. Thanks for the help.

Amy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

I have recently been trying to find a recipe for noodles since we can't afford to buy premade gluten free noodles. I did find a recipe on this website, but it call for potato flour. My daughter is not a fan of this flour. So, I was just wondering if anyone else had a good recipe. Thanks for the help.

Amy

Have you tried rice noodles from an Asian market? I like them even with spagetti and prefer them to the Quinoa based pastas. I'd be surprised if you could make noodles cheaper!

I made past a few time in my gluten-eating days. Even then, I found it fairly time consuming, and though the efforts tasted good, I could buy good pasta cheaply, and spend my timein the kitchen on other efforts!

Geoff

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

Thanks for the reply. My only concern is cross contamination. My daughter is highly reactive and reacts to even gluten free products. So, I prefer to make basically everything she eats.

Amy

I've looked at doing it trying to make a fresh noodles out of soy flour and eggs (Yes, I'm one of the few who is not bothered by soy). But quite frankly, if you can do soy eat Shirataki noodles. If you can't do soy, konnyaku noodles will work. They're not expensive, 1.49$ at whole paycheck. I've found it for cheaper at asian grocery stores.

Give 'em a shot.

I make my own, in addition to buying them, but about the market - most of the ones in our local Asian market say gluten-free right on them.

Gluten-free, Vegan

.....gluten free noodles. I did find a recipe on this website, but it calls for potato flour. My daughter is not a fan of this flour....

Amy,

Does your daughter not like the potato flour flour, or the potato starch flour? Here are some recipes I found using both or none. Good or not I can't say. yours truly, lm

===========================================================================

Homemade Gluten-Free Pasta

1/3 cup tapioca flour

1/3 cup cornstarch

2 tablespoons potato starch

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa