Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryK

Just Checking In

Except for chronic heartburn, my gastro symptoms have become much quieter after a week gluten-free.

I don't know how much Celiac makes you more prone to reflux, but I definately am.

Sill waiting impatiently for test results (blood tests from Kaiser) (gene tests from Enterolab).

I'm keeping my expectations low as medical science has failed me thus far, why should I expect

anything better....

Really the best reason for an official diagnosis is so that I don't fall off the wagon....

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Jerry,

I see you're posting in "Coping With"--that's progress :lol:

Hang in there--your results will be in soon.

I was also someone who never had reflux until I went gluten-free. There are at least a couple others on the board who are the same.

Mine got so bad that my allergist (!) diagnosed me with bronchial spasms due to reflux. He had me on Prevacid and Zyrtek. On the other hand, my gastroenterologist told me to take Phazyme.....

In my particular case, I found that eliminating legumes from my diet made it go away completely.

You can't write this stuff :P

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Jerry, good to see you're still out there somewhere. I've been thinking about you and wondering if your test results were in yet...obviously not. I am still waiting for my endoscopy results too...it's been 10 days (though technically only 6 working days). I don't know why I'm so anxious...I think the biopsy is going to be negative anyway. But I guess that it will probably take an "official" diagnosis for my thick head to wrap around the idea that being gluten-free is the only way to stay feeling well.

I, too, have been gluten-free for a little over a week, except on Friday night, when I ate pizza. Ever have one of those days when you just could care less how you're going to feel, you just eat it anyway? That day was definitely stress eating for me (was peeing blood that day--they think I passed a kidney stone and that it's no big deal, but it was still a very stressful day). Boy was that a mistake--was miserable the rest of the night and ALL the next day. It did confirm for me what the problem is, though! Aside from that I've been feeling pretty darn good. Coincidence? I don't think so...

So when do you leave on the cruise? I sure hope you get some answers before you go! Were you ever able to contact the cruise line about eating gluten-free?

I wish you a safe and fun and relaxing cruise!! :P

CL

Dx'd with lymphocytic colitis 1/07

Dx'd by Enterolab 3/07--+IgA, +Ttg, DQ2 and DQ8

Dx'd celiac by Dr. Lewey 4/07--without +blood or biopsy

gluten-free 3/7/07

So when do you leave on the cruise? I sure hope you get some answers before you go! Were you ever able to contact the cruise line about eating gluten-free?

I wish you a safe and fun and relaxing cruise!! :P

CL

Yah we leave on the cruise Saturday morning. I'll probably hear something Friday evening :lol:

Any way you look at it, I will behave as if eating gluten makes me sick (which it does) and

who want's to have the runs on a cruise??

Breakfast will be easy...eggs, bacon fruit...no problem.

I'll have to be careful what else I eat...if it looks suspect, it probably is....

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

I don't know how much Celiac makes you more prone to reflux, but I definately am.

I was very prone to reflux, heartburn, etc. About 2 months gluten free, this all cleared up.

Valda

Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance

other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

Living a healthier, happier life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10