Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kelgs

Doing Great!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to check back in with everyone and share good news. It has been just over a month now since I took my boys off gluten and life is GREAT! They are doing wonderful and are no longer angry and aggressive. :) We have made it through the boys birthday party gluten free with no complaints and we just went to a Valentine party with our homeschool group and it was not bad at all! Of course we had to turn down the cupcakes but we brought own and there was plenty of cheese, chips, fruits, candy and drinks that they COULD have. I also discovered that there are 3 other children in our homeschooling group that are celiac!

I know we have a long way to go and lots of challenges ahead - but so far so good. :D

We have not eaten out at all since going gluten-free so that will be our next big challange. Me, worrying about cross contamination and them having to turn down the usual kid meals. Wish us luck!

Kelly - Mommy of Alex 9 -gluten-free since 1/3/07

Ethan 6 - gluten-free since 1/10/07

Zac 1 - has never had gluten

and wife to Mark - gluten-free since 2003

Kelly

Mom of Alex 9 - Gluten free since 1/07

Ethan 6 - Gluten free since 1/07

Zac 1 has never had gluten

Wife to Mark - Gluten free since 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Awesome! Congrats! Having three other celiacs in your home school group will probably makes things a lot easier.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.