Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim Meyer

Cheese Crust Pizza For Everyone

There is a topic out there about Van Harden's Cheese Crust Pizza that you can get at Hy-Vee Stores.

Well, now you can order Van's terrific pizza on line at his web site. http://vanharden.com

My wife and I just love this pizza. He has cheese, pepperoni and sausage. Bakes nice, no mussy crust. This pizza is great even if it wasn't gluten free.

I just hit the web site, and it looks like you can start ordering pizzas Feb 19th, 2007.

Tim Meyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's cool that if you can get them online. We are lucky enough to have many HyVee stores around us. We tried this pizza and it is awsome. We like the sausage best. The only down side was it doesn't fill you up as much as a normal pizza but it makes a great snack or part of a meal (maybe some good bread sticks or somthing to go with it). We have had some non celiacs try this pizza and they were impressed.

Myself-Age 25....I have had symptoms since at least 1998 if not since infancy (was diagnosed with malnutrition as a small child)...Positive results with gluten free diet!

Hannah-Age 5.....Has symptoms....Inconclusive blood tests....Positive diet response to both gluten free and lactose free!

Grace-Age 1.....Born at 29 weeks due to me having celiac....Has reflux and a feeding tube.

Husband-Not Celiac......has found that he does feel better when not eating allot of gluten.....is gluten free at home.

It's cool that if you can get them online. We are lucky enough to have many HyVee stores around us. We tried this pizza and it is awsome. We like the sausage best. The only down side was it doesn't fill you up as much as a normal pizza but it makes a great snack or part of a meal (maybe some good bread sticks or somthing to go with it). We have had some non celiacs try this pizza and they were impressed.

Myself-Age 25....I have had symptoms since at least 1998 if not since infancy (was diagnosed with malnutrition as a small child)...Positive results with gluten free diet!

Hannah-Age 5.....Has symptoms....Inconclusive blood tests....Positive diet response to both gluten free and lactose free!

Grace-Age 1.....Born at 29 weeks due to me having celiac....Has reflux and a feeding tube.

Husband-Not Celiac......has found that he does feel better when not eating allot of gluten.....is gluten free at home.

I'm not seeing anything about online availabiltiy? Am I missing it?

I bought some gluten-free pizza crusts at Whole Foods recenlty, but thought they were gross. They had this weird, sticky/crunchy textures. I then tried browning a gluten-free tortilla, browing it with Olive Oil, then covering with toppings, and baking. Loved it. Sort of the ultimate hin crust, but tasty.

Geoff

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

Geoff,

I think you jumped the gun. They just put the on-line ording in place this weekend. You can order now.

Tim

I'm not seeing anything about online availabiltiy? Am I missing it?

I bought some gluten-free pizza crusts at Whole Foods recenlty, but thought they were gross. They had this weird, sticky/crunchy textures. I then tried browning a gluten-free tortilla, browing it with Olive Oil, then covering with toppings, and baking. Loved it. Sort of the ultimate hin crust, but tasty.

Geoff

"3 Pepperoni Pizzas

$29.97 + $66.95 SH

5 Pepperoni Pizzas

5 Pepperoni Pizzas

$49.95 + $66.95 SH

10 Pepperoni Pizzas

10 Pepperoni Pizzas

$99.90 + $90.34 SH"

Thanks for the heads up Tim! But OUCH. I don't think I miss pizza that much.

Geoff

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

We have a HyVee near us, so I've been lucky. The pizzas are more expensive online for some reason.

I was VERY happy with this pizza - after a REALLY bad experience with Amy's Rice Crust pizza - felt like I was eating a dried out kitchen sponge, lol.

This pizza is now a "must-have" in our house!

Allyson Bright Meyer

Author, Scrapbook Artist, Mixed-Media Crafter

Gluten-free since January 12, 2007

I must be doing something wrong!! I made the sausage pizza the other day and the taste was great, but it was really soggy. The leftovers are still in the fridge. Maybe I let it sit in the pan too long? Has anyone else had this and the crust was crispy??

Gluten free since 10/05

I must be doing something wrong!! I made the sausage pizza the other day and the taste was great, but it was really soggy. The leftovers are still in the fridge. Maybe I let it sit in the pan too long? Has anyone else had this and the crust was crispy??

My crust was not crispy either, and it was all terribly greasy. I will not be spending my money on this pizza. I'll stick with my chebe crust!! Thanks anyways.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas