• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

kathy1

Tuna Noodle Cassarole

Rate this topic

It's simple if you know how to make a white sauce! You can use corn starch or rice flour.

3-4 tablespoons of butter or margarin

2-2 1/2 tablespoons of flour or corn starch

pinch of salt and pinch of pepper

2 cups of milk

Melt butter in a sauce pan on med-low heat, once melted stir in flour, salt and pepper.

Simmer lightly until the mixture is a light golden color (about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes) stiring constantly,

SLOWLY add milk stirring constantly. Bring to a bowl continuing to stir, boil for about an minute.

I use:

about 2-3 cups of pasta, cooked, (3 if they are egg noodles)

two cans of tuna (in water) drained,

1 cup of frozen veggies

combine in a casserole dish, then pour in white sauce mix gently.

bake at 375 for 10mins or until bubbling.

makes 4-6 servings

I hope this helps you, my boyfriend mother is a huge fan!

I can no longer use my old recipe due to food allergies. I used to use a cream of mushroom soup or a white sauce, sometimes adding cheese. But now we can't have dairy or soy and the white sauce I've come up with using rice milk or Vance's Dari Replacer have been too thin and sweet tasting.

So what I do is cook the noodles until just under done. I then toss some mushrooms, an onion and a couple of ribs of celery into my food processor, chopping until fine. I then saute these until soft in a skillet with a bit of olive oil. I add the cooked veggies to the noodles, seasoning with salt, pepper and some dried parsley flakes. I then add the tuna and a couple of handfuls of frozen peas. I then bake till heated through, adding some wavy potato chips in the last few minutes. If there is to be leftovers, I do not add the potato chips while baking. Leftover chips on a casserole get soggy. I simply add a few to eat serving after plating up.