Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GUNPHRIES

Symptoms Of Gluten

Ok, so this is pretty forward, but I need opinions. I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease since last summer. I have done everything I can do to get the Gluten out of my diet but every now and then I seem to get sick again. This time I believe it was Carmex and hand lotion. I have since started using Burt's Bees products, which many of them are gluten free.

My bowel movements are looser and smellier than normal. I believe this is because of the gluten contamination I had. How long does it take to get the bowel movements back to normal? I would think that if I get completely off gluten then they should be like they were before this disease manifested itself with symptoms. Am I wrong? Secondly, I think I do respond positively to a gluten free diet since I do not feel that I am malnurished. Anyone else out there with the same problems/questions? Anyone out there who can give me hope or advice?

--Jason

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Did you have your gall bladder remove, because if you did, your bowl movements may never be the same.

Stomach problems began November of 2005

Gall bladder removed April 2006

Positive Blood test October 2006

Refused endoscope

Gluten-free since January 21, 2007

Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

Could you possibly be reacting to dairy or soy? Or maybe some other type of food intolerance. It may benefit you to keep a food diary for a while and see if different foods cause different bm's.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)