Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Easy Gluten Free Brownies

Okay guys, I just made a tray of brownies with my little girl and we both agree, they're the best brownies we've ever had. They're chewy on the outside and soft on the inside. The frosting is amazing and so simple to make. This recipe is adapted from an Allrecipes.com recipe posted by Angie (not me) entitled Best Brownies.

INGREDIENTS

* 1/2 cup butter

* 1 cup white sugar

* 2 eggs

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

* 1/2 cup gluten free flour mix (3 parts white rice, 2 parts potato starch, 1 part tapioca starch)

* 1 teaspoon xantham gum

* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder

* 3 tablespoons butter, softened

* 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

* 1 tablespoon honey

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1 cup confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and rice flour an 8 inch square pan.

2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.

4. To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.

I almost forgot to add... I couldn't do much with the frosting, so I ended up rolling it out by hand and then putting it on top of the brownie. It melted very nicely onto the brownie and now it looks (and tastes) fabulous. I just squished the frosting between my hands and laid it on piece by piece then pressed the edges together.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

mmmmm brownies!!!!! I am drooling at my desk :) I am going to try these, I am a bit disappointed in the Pamela's mix.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

You will NOT be disappointed in these. If you have a clear glass pan to use, use it. This way you can be sure they're not burning on the outside and still wet on the inside. Make sure you cook them thoroughly. I ended up cooking them 10 minutes longer than recommended. I also used a 5x9 pan though to make them a little thicker than regular brownies. They are SO good.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

MMMM, I wonder if it would work with our restrictions?!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.