Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lister

Cold Medicines And Stuff Of That Nature

not sure what the hell i caught but its kicking my butt, i tried to make it threw the day but i cant. im just going to list off symptoms and if someone can help me to figure out what to get it has to be dairy and gluten free. thanks for any help

feaver-mild but definatly there

dizzy spells/weakness

incredibly congested nose+synus buildup to headthrobs/dripping to throat

in general stomich-but thats nothing out of the ordinary

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Good to have you back Lister:

It sounds to me that you have the flu.

Let me suggest something that will help you feel better, but if it is the flu, it has to run it's coarse.

Get your girlfriend to get you some Dimetapp PM, or Dimetapp-Flu. It may make you feel more comfortable. (gluten free as well)

Sometimes, when we get sick we blame everything on celiac. We are subject to all the "bugs" out there as well as other people, and perhaps more.

I hope that you feel better soon.

Lisa

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

meh pretty sure its not the flue or atleast it has not effected my stomich or bowls. they are still doing there normal pains nothing new. i think its a uber bad headcold the congestion is whats really getten me

Could be a sinus infection.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

meh pretty sure its not the flue or atleast it has not effected my stomich or bowls. they are still doing there normal pains nothing new. i think its a uber bad headcold the congestion is whats really getten me

Dimetapp will help those symptoms as well. It has been a staple in my house when my girls were growing up.

Hope you get a good night sleep and feel better in the morning.

Lisa

dimetapp does not do anything to the stomich does it? my dx dont want me taking any meds thaat effect my stomich besides for the ones perscribed to me since they still cant figure out whats wrong

what im really looking for i think is some form of sudamedaphen? i dont know just some form of decongestient/fever reducer

dimetapp does not do anything to the stomich does it? my dx dont want me taking any meds thaat effect my stomich besides for the ones perscribed to me since they still cant figure out whats wrong

I can't answer that question, but I do know that it is gluten free. Perhaps you should call you dr. in the morning and get a recommendation.

Lisa

You might want to check out www.glutenfreedrugs.com.

I had a nasty cold recently and I took something called Old Indian Cherry Bark Syrup. It was really helpful. I also resorted to Tylenol Cold a couple times. I'm highly sensitive to gluten and dairy and I get stomach aches from nearly all medication but it never gave me a stomach ache. I didn't do anything to verify it's gluten-free/df status though beyond reading the box.

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

i would love to take tylonal cold, anyone look into it at some point?

hate beeing sick, especially since im not allowed to call into work (hell i puked 3 times this morning while taking orders(from coughing so much)) so its really really hard on my body to feel sick

As something safe that might help your throat, you might want to try peppermint tea with honey.

Other than that (and I'm hesitant to give this advice), your best bet in terms of a medication might be to pick one from the gluten free drugs website and then read the ingredients carefully for dairy or anything else you might not want in your body.

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

thanks for the advice on the tea, anyone know of a nasel decongestient or atleast a fever reducer, if i could just get the sweating/fever to drop i think i can probably make it thru work today

also is lipton tea bags gluten-free its the only type we have at work

so if its on that website its guarunteed gluten-free right? i see theraflue and tylonal cold on it so i guess im going to run out and get them i need it so bad. thanks for that list

went out and got the thereflu cold and cough thanks for that list-awsome nyquil is on it also yay i get to sleep tonight