Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paulr

Answers To Symptoms,dry Skin Ect.

I AM NOW 6 WEEKS GLUTEN FREE,I NOW AM STARTING TO SEE SOME IMPROVMENT POSSIBLY?I NOW GO TO THE BATHROOM 2-3 TIMES A DAY .1ST SEEMS NORMAL THEN SHORTLY AFTER I GO AGAIN, BUT 2ND TIME IS WATERY LOOSE STOOLS, DO MOST CELIACS START TO GET BETTER THIS WAY.I WOULD LIKE TO LOOSE THE WATERY PART IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN,ALSO DO CELIACS GET DRY SKIN,OR RASH ON THEIR BODY? ALSO CAN I STILL KISS MY WIFE OR CAN GLUTEN BE PASSED ON

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

hi!

I think the dry skin is the result of the watery stool. your intestine accumulate a lot of fluids from your body and then your skin becomes dry. the fluids will eventually flushed down the toilet :)

I have the same problem, in my stomach and intestine, water accumulates and I feel very thirsty and 'dry'. I also have dry skin, probably because i have this water retention issue for years.

I noticed that when I eat a lot of carbs I got more water in the intestines and I feel and am more bloated. especially too many fruits cause water stool due to high fructose content. the fructose will not be taken up in the small intestine (when you are celiac you probably 'lost' the GLUT transport system in the small intestine mucosa, this system is responsible for fructose uptake) and remains in the intestine. sugar in the bowel will then through osmosis draw water from the body in

Paul, at only 6 weeks the toxins from gluten may still be causing a problem. Are you sure you are gluten free? Have you checked your shampoo, soaps, lotions, aftershave, etc? Medicines too, sometimes contain gluten. Cross contamination can be a problem.

Yes, you can still kiss your wife. She should be very careful about gluten when kissing you, brushing her teeth after eating, telling you if she has just ate something before you kiss. I have never been glutened by a kiss. My sweetie will stop me if he has ate something, "hun, I just had a sandwich!" Kissing is something we all need, never give it up!!! ;)

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!