Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2wheels4eyes

Chianti Grill, St. Paul Mn

To be honest, although Chianti Grill is just down the road from the U of M, I never really went. Pre-gluten-free I thought their food was rather overpriced given the quality of what was served, especially after being spoiled by the food in Chicago. But that was a couple of years ago, when Chianti was undergoing a change in management, I think.

Now I would say they are great!!! GREAT!!! Sure, still a little rich for my grad student budget most days. But, for the dollar or two more per entree compared to Outbacks up the street (and there are some sub-$15 entrees), it's worth supporting a local place that will actually serve gluten-free pastas--a variety of them at that.

I went half-expecting to get sick (how wrong it seemed to eat pasta in a restaurant again!) but I didn't get sick at all. And it was *tasty* far better than the pasta I do for myself at home (that alfredo sauce could have had something to do with it...) My non-gluten-free dinner companion was also very happy with the steak.

Yay! Another great, pasta-filled food option and in my neck of the woods too.

Now if only we could get a pizza joint willing to deliver gluten-free pizza, as is rumoured to be possible in NYC...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):