Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

I Think Something's Wrong With Me

Okay, so my real problem is that I'm bored today. (I'm not sure how that can happen - I have 4 kids and I don't usually have time to even think of being bored.) Anyway, I was eating a piece of toasted brown rice bread (from Trader Joe's) and I realized that I actually liked it. I vividly remember the first time I ate it thinking it was absolutely gross, but buying it occasionally for things like stuffing and making croutons. I ate two pieces of it this afternoon. (Anyone on the weight loss thread reading this has caught me :o .)

I guess after almost 11 years without a piece of real bread my taste buds have gone crazy.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Okay, so my real problem is that I'm bored today. (I'm not sure how that can happen - I have 4 kids and I don't usually have time to even think of being bored.) Anyway, I was eating a piece of toasted brown rice bread (from Trader Joe's) and I realized that I actually liked it. I vividly remember the first time I ate it thinking it was absolutely gross, but buying it occasionally for things like stuffing and making croutons. I ate two pieces of it this afternoon. (Anyone on the weight loss thread reading this has caught me :o .)

I guess after almost 11 years without a piece of real bread my taste buds have gone crazy.

:lol: Busted Liz :lol: That's too funny. I've never been able to aquire a taste for the brown rice bread :lol: But it's good you have ... I'm told it's healthier.

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Good ... from reading all the posts on the board I was beginning to think that I was quite strange, being the only one who actually liked (brown) rice bread!!! :lol: It was the first one I tried after going gluten-free, and I always kept coming back to it even after trying others. I no longer eat bread, but I have fond memories... :P

Gluten-free since 10/05 - Positive dietary response with Doctor's validation! - Debilitating migraines, constant dizziness and lightheadedness gone; anxiety & panic attacks, depression, agoraphobia and extreme exhaustion considerably lessoned

Dairy/Casein Intolerant

Soy, Cabbage, Sugar, Peanut, Shellfish, Caffeine, Egg, Potato and Tomato allergies / intolerances

Sporadic reactions to: Poultry

Avoiding all preservatives and additives

Also Multiple Chemical/Environmental Sensitivities

Mitral Valve Prolapse

Pulmonary Embolism - 1999

Dance, when you're broken open.

Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.

Dance in the middle of fighting.

Dance in your blood.

Dance, when you are perfectly free.

RUMI

Liz, blame it on being gluten-free for so long! My usual answer to whether a gluten-free product is good is "Depends on how long it's been since you've had the real thing!"

Things like brownies, though, are actually better gluten-free! They're fudgier.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

LOL, if you live anywhere near me you can have the 5 loaves sitting in my pantry! I don't eat bread and my son absolutely refuses to eat any of the commercial gluten-free breads that I've optimistically bought. B)

Positive gluten intolerance and Celiac Sprue diagnosed 11/06 Entero Labs

Mother with active Celiac since????

Son diagnosed gluten intolerant, Celiac Sprue and casien intolerant, active celiac disease

gluten-free since 11/06

Hey, if you like something that your actually allowed to eat thats great!

I tired some brown rice bread a few months ago and found it to be one of the better gluten-free breads, however I have found these nice wraps so have them instead of bread, I do however sometimes get this nice fruit bread.

I have catergories of gluten-free food.

1. That's so disgusting I'd rather starve

2. Its ediable but I'd eat the real thing if I could

3. Considering it gluten-free - this tastes great and I could easlily it even if I didn't have to

4. This tastes exactely like the real thing, this one is a rare find.

Guest aparde

Everything my daughter hated at first now loves that is gluten-free!!! I have been milk free for a year now because I am nursing and you just "forget" what something tastes like. I think the longer you are gluten-free you will find more things you like!!!

Angie Parde

I know my taste buds have adapted to gluten free food. After nearly 29 years I am not even sure my taste buds would recognize any gluten baked goods .

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years