This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Mary Kay?

pineahead

pineahead Rookie

Does anyone know if the Creamy Cleanser, the Balancing moisturizer, and the eye makeup remover have gluten?.

I called Mary Kay and they sent me an ingredient list for these items ( except the eye makeup remover ), but I am unsure of the ingredients.

The only product I used that had an obvious gluten containing ingredient was the advanced moisture renewal treatment cream ( my all time favorite night time cream - boo hoo).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiffjake Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the Creamy Cleanser, the Balancing moisturizer, and the eye makeup remover have gluten?.

I called Mary Kay and they sent me an ingredient list for these items ( except the eye makeup remover ), but I am unsure of the ingredients.

The only product I used that had an obvious gluten containing ingredient was the advanced moisture renewal treatment cream ( my all time favorite night time cream - boo hoo).

I researched it when I was a consultant, and there were only 5 things with gluten. One was the Advanced Moisture Renewal Treatment Cream, one was the OLD mascara (starts with an "E", endless performance?), the nail polish, the eye primer, and the concealer. As far as I know, your other items do not contain gluten. I use the oil free eyemakeup remover now, and have no problems with it. Hope that helps! :)

• 3 weeks later...
plantime Contributor

Mary Kay uses a lot of herbs in their makeup. While these herbs are excellent for most people, they make me break out in horrible hives and swell unbelievably.

pineahead Rookie
What kinds of reactions are you having? I am doubting it is gluten related based on the big difference between those two products. I have very sensitive skin, perhaps you do too?

Extreme redness /burning/and goop in the corners of my eye ( like an allergic reaction). This is what happens to my skin when I put gluten on it, but it could be something else as I am extremely sensitive to all chemicals.

tiffjake Enthusiast
Mary Kay uses a lot of herbs in their makeup. While these herbs are excellent for most people, they make me break out in horrible hives and swell unbelievably.

Really? I was unaware of any herbs in their products.

tiffjake Enthusiast
Extreme redness /burning/and goop in the corners of my eye ( like an allergic reaction). This is what happens to my skin when I put gluten on it, but it could be something else as I am extremely sensitive to all chemicals.

Yeah, that is possible. I have a problem with drying when using most lotions. It is odd, but now I use jojoba oil for a moisturizer. That is the only thing that does not irritate my skin somehow. I hope you find a product that works for you!

Sephora will give you samples of EVERYTHING in their stores, so you can take it home and try it and see if you have a reaction.

Also, Whole Foods has a GREAT return policy. I have tried stuff from there and had to take it back. I didn't have the box or anything, and they gave me store credit.

Just some ideas for trying new things.

pineahead Rookie
Yeah, that is possible. I have a problem with drying when using most lotions. It is odd, but now I use jojoba oil for a moisturizer. That is the only thing that does not irritate my skin somehow. I hope you find a product that works for you!

Sephora will give you samples of EVERYTHING in their stores, so you can take it home and try it and see if you have a reaction.

Also, Whole Foods has a GREAT return policy. I have tried stuff from there and had to take it back. I didn't have the box or anything, and they gave me store credit.

Just some ideas for trying new things.

Thanks for the ideas!! I have very dry skin and was really upset when I couldn't use my Mary Kay, but I 've been using burts bees eye cream all over my face (it only takes a little bit and it absorbs really well) and it is wonderful! I've been getting comments on my skin from total strangers. I'll try the jojoba oil also - where do you get that? I've been looking for a convenient oil for my massage therapist to use on me as the stuff she is using now irritates my skin. I like coconut oil, but it solidifies at 74 degrees ( a pain). Can I get the jojoba oil in a pump bottle?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiffjake Enthusiast
Thanks for the ideas!! I have very dry skin and was really upset when I couldn't use my Mary Kay, but I 've been using burts bees eye cream all over my face (it only takes a little bit and it absorbs really well) and it is wonderful! I've been getting comments on my skin from total strangers. I'll try the jojoba oil also - where do you get that? I've been looking for a convenient oil for my massage therapist to use on me as the stuff she is using now irritates my skin. I like coconut oil, but it solidifies at 74 degrees ( a pain). Can I get the jojoba oil in a pump bottle?

I got it at my local Health Food Store. I am sure you could find it at a Health Food store, or Whold Foods type of store. You might be able to pour it into a pump bottle, but I haven't seen one come in a pump bottle. Ithink that might be really messy, as the oil is really thin and slippery. But it would seem perfect for massage! :)

Archived