Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SerahLily

Hello! I'm New!

Hi All,

I just wanted to say hello and hopefully I will be on here for quite awhile! I have known for over a year of my gluten intolerance but with another doctor getting on my case and my thyroid spiraling out of control I figure its time to be a responsible adult and quit doing it half assed:P Today is gluten free day #1. I was so excited to find this forum...I hope it keeps us all on track. Good luck everyone!

SerahLily

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi All,

I just wanted to say hello and hopefully I will be on here for quite awhile! I have known for over a year of my gluten intolerance but with another doctor getting on my case and my thyroid spiraling out of control I figure its time to be a responsible adult and quit doing it half assed:P Today is gluten free day #1. I was so excited to find this forum...I hope it keeps us all on track. Good luck everyone!

SerahLily

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us. :D

It's great that you have decided to take your health in hand. Start with one day at a time and pretty soon you will find it much easier.

I'll be looking for you when I am on, hope you join us in the fun parts as well as keeping our diets as well as possible. :P

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Welcome Serah, I'm sure it will get easier for you. I have only been gluten free since the beginning of the year. I have had many improvements since then. The more I read on this site, the more symptoms I found that I've had for years and not known why. Good Luck, Wendy

Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions and get good information. Hope you stick around.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Great to have you here, and congrats on your decision to take the bull by the horns! You'll find great advice and support here - and wonderful people as well, of course!

Gluten-free since 10/05 - Positive dietary response with Doctor's validation! - Debilitating migraines, constant dizziness and lightheadedness gone; anxiety & panic attacks, depression, agoraphobia and extreme exhaustion considerably lessoned

Dairy/Casein Intolerant

Soy, Cabbage, Sugar, Peanut, Shellfish, Caffeine, Egg, Potato and Tomato allergies / intolerances

Sporadic reactions to: Poultry

Avoiding all preservatives and additives

Also Multiple Chemical/Environmental Sensitivities

Mitral Valve Prolapse

Pulmonary Embolism - 1999

Dance, when you're broken open.

Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.

Dance in the middle of fighting.

Dance in your blood.

Dance, when you are perfectly free.

RUMI

Guest aparde

Welcome! I am new here too! I just came out of the lurking mode! :) My daughter has celiac for 4 years now and she has her moments. It is good that you have found such a wonderful support group!

Welcome SerahLily!--Glad you found us :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :)

Welcome SerahLily! I'm new here to. I just de-lurked :ph34r:

Positive gluten intolerance and Celiac Sprue diagnosed 11/06 Entero Labs

Mother with active Celiac since????

Son diagnosed gluten intolerant, Celiac Sprue and casien intolerant, active celiac disease

gluten-free since 11/06

Hi All,

SerahLily

Hi Serah! Nice to meet ya! Hope you find some good info here :) See ya around!

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Hi Sarah. Pleasure to meet you. Please stick around. :)

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Hello everyone I am new here,my name is reyhan and I am living in Istanbul-Turkey

I just wanted to say hello ,I am learning alot of things on this board ,thanks everyone for sharing knowledge

Hi reyhan and welcome!!!

Keep reading :)

How do you find being gluten-free in Turkey???

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Welcome SerahLily! I'm new here to. I just de-lurked :ph34r:

:lol: perhaps we can start our own dictionary ... it can start with de-lurked :lol: Good one hershey!

Oh my gosh, we are getting lots of fun newbies (yes, that will be in the dictionary too) on the board. Welcome reyhan! Does Turkey have a lot of gluten free products?

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

:lol: perhaps we can start our own dictionary ... it can start with de-lurked :lol: Good one hershey!

Oh my gosh, we are getting lots of fun newbies (yes, that will be in the dictionary too) on the board. Welcome reyhan! Does Turkey have a lot of gluten free products?

thanks nikki and viola,first of all sory for my english :rolleyes: no we don't have much gluten-free products ,we have only bread (our civil government provides daily bread for celiac disease ) ,macaroni,spaghetti and biscuit ,and 1 patisserie :P already shop owner has a celiac disaster

when I saw gluten free products on the internet I just said wowww , almost nothing in here :P

reyhan,

I know I sent you a PM already, but will comment here as well. Welcome to the list. I will be visiting Istanbul in November, I know it is a long time to wait but I will bring you something good and gluten-free from the states. Are there strict customs laws regarding food? I know some countries are quite strict, but most processed and packaged food should be alright.

What is patisserie?

Hi there, newbies and long-timers alike! I'm new as well, and relatively new to being gluten free (a month, and then three days since finding out wheat/gluten is the problem).

Looking forward to getting to know you

Hi there, newbies and long-timers alike! I'm new as well, and relatively new to being gluten free (a month, and then three days since finding out wheat/gluten is the problem).

Looking forward to getting to know you

Welcome to the Club

There are some really great people here with an immense amount of knowledge. You are in good company. Feel free to ask away. It is always difficult in the beginning.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Welcome to the forum....you have came across a great tool that you can use to try to make each day the best that we all can....(newbie as of Feb 16/07)...if it wasnt for this site i would be lost right now !!! welcome aboard!!!

thanks nikki and viola,first of all sory for my english :rolleyes: no we don't have much gluten-free products ,we have only bread (our civil government provides daily bread for celiac disease ) ,macaroni,spaghetti and biscuit ,and 1 patisserie :P already shop owner has a celiac disaster

when I saw gluten free products on the internet I just said wowww , almost nothing in here :P

Hi I see this is an older post but I was wondering where I can find these gluten free products in Istanbul. Are gluten free products available at the super marker or somewhere else? Is there a possible link?

Hello everyone I was diagnosed four days ago. Thank God they finally found what was wrong. It had been over 6 months and they couldn't figure it out. And finally Dr. Kahla did the right test. I'm kinda of in denial, but know I need to go on gluten-free diet, just going to take time to get used to it :)