Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

Dermatologist

I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist. I'm not sure if it will give me the answer that I'm looking for or not. After 2 biopsies from my gynecologist, one came back eczema and the other spongiotic dermatitis. I have been gluten free since the beginning of the year and the itching is much more under control. I still must be missing something because I got another itching in the lady area yesterday. This is so frustrating. I actually changed the appointment from yesterday until tomorrow. Wish I hadn't have now, but too late now. I really don't want another biopsy from that area.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I still must be missing something because I got another itching in the lady area yesterday. This is so frustrating.

Amber

Hi Amber, An allergist may be my next step. I actually had the biopsies done by my gynecologist, but after I got the results, I thought a dermatologist would help. Of course when I went Monday, the blister was gone. I had been given a prescription for prednisone cream. It does stop the itching, but I don't think steroids are the best to use all the time. She gave me samples of Protopic. Told me to use it twice a day. One application and I wasn't itching until I put that stuff on. Even got some hives on my back. She did talk about patch testing to find out the cause. That is what I'm after. The gluten free diet has helped the most. I'm trying to avoid gluten. I don't purposely eat it, but my son works at a pizza place, so I'm sure he leaves a flour trail that gets me. I need to train him better. What kind of testing did your allergist do for you to find out what you have? Wendy