Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2boysmama

I Had A Really Nice Experience At Pappadeux's !

DH and I went and had lunch at Pappadeux's yesterday (seafood - for anyone not familiar). He mentioned to the waitress that both of us are gluten intolerant. When she left I said to him that I wasn't really in the habit of telling wait staff about our gluten intolerance because most people don't know what it is and their eyes just kind of glaze over. :blink: The nice ones do that anyway. The not-so-nice ones can get pretty snippy. Right after I finished saying that, the manager came over and introduced herself to us and apologized for interrupting. She went on to say our waitress had notified her that we were gluten intolerant and she wanted to assure us that she checked our order and verified they were, in fact, gluten free. She said she also notified the kitchen staff and they were cooking our food on a clean grill, etc. I was floored! We were treated so well and really felt like they were making a real effort to look out for us. We thanked the waitress for doing that and she said "oh no problem - we hear about this quite a bit."

I had no idea they would even know what gluten intolerance is. I think so often we have at best, borderline experiences, and at worst horrible experiences when we eat out. I think it's important to point out the ones that make a real effort. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest aparde

That is awesome! I wish more places were like that. We have one place here called Granite City and they are excellent also. They really make your day when we go in there and go out of our way.