Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TinkerbellSwt

Buffalo Chicken Wings/tenders

Here is the recipe that I was asked about in the Coping With section.. I hope you enjoy it ... I got it off of all recipes.com and made it my own!

Restaurant Style Buffalo Chicken Wings (I did both tenders twice and wings for the Superbowl)

oil for deep frying (yes its fattening!!)

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup hot sauce

1 dash ground black pepper

1 dash garlic powder (I am liberal with garlic powder, cant be too much for me!)

1/2 cup all purpose flour (I just used my baking mix)

1/4 teaspoon paprika (I am also liberal with paprika)

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

10 chicken wings (I actually used more than 10 and was fine, plenty of mix and such.. maybe a bit more sauce needed though, depending how saucy you like your wings/tenders)

In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. I actually add more garlic powder to this mixture too.. just a touch. Place chicken wings/tenders in a large non pourous glass dish or bowl (this is important, I once did it in a plastic bowl and it still was good, but not the same) Sprinkle flour mixture over chicken until they are evenly coated. I tossed them around in it too, there was plenty of flour mix to go over it all, even a lot extra on the bottom, that is ok. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60-90 minutes. (I once did only about 45 minutes and still came out great).

When its close to the time being up for the refridgeration, combine butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in small saucepan over low heat. Stir until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat, reserve for serving.. now let me be honest with you, this mixture isnt very hot at all. At least mine wasnt, I am a wimp, so less heat is better for me. I used Crystal Hot Sauce and its mild. You may want to add more cayenne or use a hotter hot sauce... depends on your taste.

Now heat oil in a deep fryer to 375. The oil should be just enough to cover the chicken completely. I used a Fry Daddy and it works fine. I fried them in batches and put them on paper towels to drain a bit. When done, I made sure the wing sauce was heated a bit thru, and poured it over the wings/tenders and mix gently but throughly.

and voila... done!

I hope you enjoy this if you try it!!

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks for sharing! This will come in handy for when we have a block party at work. I will have something for me!!!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Not a problem, I hope you enjoy them. Now I have to find that Litehouse Blue Cheese!! Anyone know where it can be found???

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

I got it at my regular grocery store, in the cold section in the salad dept.

I bought a huge bottle...I can't wait to eat it!!

I think you can order online, but that would be expensive since it has to be kept cold. You can ask your regular grocery store to do a special order for you, my Mom does that all the time, and not because of dietary restrictions, just for products she wants; it is much cheaper that way. :)

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

Improved on gluten free diet

Enterolab results confirmed suspicions on Jan. 29th 2007