Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SerahLily

Processed Meat?

Hi Everyone..I'm new so hopefully I am not bring up something that is obvious to everyone else! :P On the list of "bad foods" it lists "processed meats" does that mean deli meat? If I were to shop at Whole Foods or a similiar organic store would their deli meat be processed with something containing gluten? What am I avoiding here? Thanks to anyone who knows the answer!!

SerahLily

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You have to be careful with processed meats, and yes, deli meats are processed, because of the large amount of ingredients that are in some of them. There are safe options - usually the shorter the list of ingredients the better. You just have to be careful and look for hidden glutens. I don't buy any of the mainstream brands, so I'm not much help. I do know that Applegate farms and Diestal brands in health food stores are both gluten free.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13