Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mtndog

Anyone Seen Dannon Commercial?

Heck, I'd say there's much less actual breast exposure when a woman nurses a baby than you'd see in any blue jeans or perfume ad!

Not to mention breastfeeding moms don't typically wear revealing clothes...you see more with what a lot of teens wear in public nowadays!

Michelle

Fiddle-Faddle, breast or bottle is a choice for us. I do not want the government telling me what and how I have to feed my babies. As far as which is best, my mom nursed me for a year, and I still have celiac. I nursed my oldest for two years, and she has all of the symptoms of celiac.

Fiddle-Faddle, breast or bottle is a choice for us. I do not want the government telling me what and how I have to feed my babies. As far as which is best, my mom nursed me for a year, and I still have celiac. I nursed my oldest for two years, and she has all of the symptoms of celiac.

Yes, it IS a choice. But I don't think formula should be considered an EQUIVALENT choice to breastfeeding. It is better than, say giving your baby cow's milk mixed with corn syrup, but not much better. It is not equivalent to breastmilk, and let's not pretend that it is.!

If you and your oldest had been given formula rather than mother's milk, you might very well have been MUCH worse off than you are now.

Let's look at autism, which is closely linked with celiac (a majority of autistics dp vastly better off of gluten and dairy). I've read now in many sources AND been told over and over again by every doctor who assessed my son and every consultant who worked with him that the prognosis for children with autism bears a direct relationship with whether or not they were breastfed. http://www.lalecheleague.org/llleaderweb/L...ebMar02p10.html.

Oh, and I do agree with you about the government telling you anything.

Are we talking about activian or the other new one. My husband had bought me the activan, but i read it is made were other wheat products are made, so that does mean it is not good for celiacs or others with wheat intolerance, right.

paula