This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

American Idol Fans?

blueeyedmanda

DingoGirl Enthusiast

well, frankly, I am kind of bored with the whole lot this year! is it just me? I found the auditions more entertaining than anything else. The boys - - yawn ( though I do like Blake)......the girls.....I don't know, a bit better but not much....we'll see. I think a girl will win this year. But I don't feel strongly about anyone......

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AllysonBrightMeyer Rookie

Just found this thread....My husband & I LOVE LOVE this show, which we started watching during Season 2. Since Season 3, one of us has been able to pick the winner during audtion rounds (He called it early on Fantasia & Taylor Hicks, I loved Carrie Underwood from Day 1.)

We are just not sure this year...no one seems to really stand out like that, except maybe LaKisha. Dan (my husband) really loves Sundance though.

My faves this year are Melinda, Gina, Blake, & Chris. Loved Antonella until the top 24, but she hasn't done very well either week yet.

Going home this week? No clue. I think it's Sanjaya's time, maybe Antonella & Alaina. Not sure on the other boy - there are always so many surprises.

Guhlia Rising Star

My picks for going home are Antonella and Alaina for the girls. They both stank last night. For the boys I think it'll be Sanjaya for sure, but I don't know who the second boy will be. I thought Brandon was horrible, but I don't think he'll get cut. I'm just glad that Sundance stepped up his game. I thought he was pretty good Tuesday night. I am totally in love with Blake, he's so good. I hope that Melinda and LaKisha continue to bring the house down. They both desperately need a self esteem boost.

UR Groovy Explorer

I

confused Community Regular
I
Jo.R Contributor

Spoiler!

Wow, I knew A.J. wouldn't go far, but I'm shocked Sanjaya wasn't the one going home. I also can't believe Leslie was voted off, I was hoping to see Antonella would go. I wasn't surprised by Nick, or Alaina (who has too much bad attitude).

Did anyone think Kelly's look is too old?

Guest jokamo
Spoiler!

Wow, I knew A.J. wouldn't go far, but I'm shocked Sanjaya wasn't the one going home. I also can't believe Leslie was voted off, I was hoping to see Antonella would go. I wasn't surprised by Nick, or Alaina (who has too much bad attitude).

Did anyone think Kelly's look is too old?

I watched tonights show! I am sooo surprised that Antonella didn't go, :( I wish she had though! I am really surprised that Sanjada (sp) didn't get kicked off. He was horrible.

Yes, I really think that Kelly's look was way to old for her. And that dress she was wearing! :blink: I think she has gained weight! Did she have a b--b job? :blink: But she is still so innocent, which is what I really love about her!!

Jodi

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lonewolf Collaborator

I think the website, "Vote For The Worst" has had some impact. They are encouraging people to vote for Antonella. We went to it tonight just to look. We were disgusted. I wish people wouldn't try to ruin things for other people. I want to see the best singers stay on and the most deserving win.

Sanjaya should have gone along with Nick and Antonella should have left with Alaina.

Guhlia Rising Star
I watched tonights show! I am sooo surprised that Antonella didn't go, :( I wish she had though! I am really surprised that Sanjada (sp) didn't get kicked off. He was horrible.

Yes, I really think that Kelly's look was way to old for her. And that dress she was wearing! :blink: I think she has gained weight! Did she have a b--b job? :blink: But she is still so innocent, which is what I really love about her!!

Jodi

Yeah, Kelly totally looked like she had some work done... My hubby and I noticed that right away. I thought she looked great though. I mean, she was always pretty, but I think her new look gives her a very classic feel. I like that. There are far too many trashy women out there singing and being our kids' idols. I'd much rather someone sweet and innocent like her be

taking the stage than someone like Brittany Spears.

I can't believe Sanjaya didn't go!!! He's bombed every single week!!! I think it's because they focused on him so much when he cried when his sister got booted. It's a shame though because I thought AJ was really good this week and I really liked Nick too. Oh well, I'm just glad Alaina was voted off. Now, if only Antonella would go. She's painful to listen to.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I still can't believe Antonella is still there along with Sanjaya. Those two have not done anything for me. Antonella was someone I liked in the beginning but her last two weeks have not shown me anything and that green dress that night. It did not look good. I like Gina a lot. I like Lakisha as well, she can really bring down the house. I am not fond of Melinda.

I think Sanjaya is a great singer but he sings so low that it really is hard to get into what he is singing. I love Phil, Chris S, and Blake. I have a better feel for Sundance after this past week as well.

UR Groovy Explorer

DITTO

bbuster Explorer

Jodi

Obviously Kelly had some "work" done. Didn't you notice how Ryan kept asking her how she spent her money (and he wasn't talking about shoes!)

And Sanjaya made it through, as I predicted to my kids, not on his singing performance but on the votes of a lot of young girls who think he is cute!

AllysonBrightMeyer Rookie

Sanjaya should have gone along with Nick and Antonella should have left with Alaina

I agree with this. I really liked Nick, but his voice, for me, wasn't as good as the other guys. I am so frustrated with Sanjaya - he just annoys me, I don't like his voice at all, and he was totally the worst performer this week.

Antonella should go home, too, but as long as she doesn't make the top 12, I'll be fine. It's hard for me--I really liked her in the audition rounds, but she has just not been performing well since she made the Top 24.

My Ideal Top 12 - Gina, Stephanie, Jordin, Sabrina, Melinda, LaKisha, Blake, Chris S, Phil, Sundance, Brandon, Chris R.

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

I agree, it has to do with the Vote for the Worst website. They are keeping Sanjaya and Antonella b/c of it. Nick wasnt the greatest, he wouldnt have made it all the way, but keeping Sanjaya?? That is just crazy!! I hope the vote for the worsts get outnumbered soon.. it takes a bit, but eventually they do, unfortunatly some get sent home that shouldnt be in the mean time!

Jo.R Contributor

I'd be more shocked, but at least the people who were voted off were people who shouldn't be in the top 12 anyway. I agree that Sanjaya is getting the cutie vote (take the phone away from those 12 year olds :P ). But I think AJ would have went next week if he hadn't this week. Although I like Leslie, I didn't think she would make the top 12. She's quirky, without the "it" factor. It's good to be quirky if you have that something special, and Leslie just doesn't quite have it.

Anyway, Antonella nd Sanjaya need to go this next week. We will see.

Mango04 Enthusiast

I think vote for the worst will unfortunately keep Antonella around for a while. If they start promoting Sanjaya he'll likely stick around too.

I thought AJ sung wayyy better than most of the other guys. It doesn't surprise me that he wasn't too popular despite that :(

I hope Melinda's talent keeps her around for a while.

Well that's my opinion. LOL

Guhlia Rising Star

Am I crazy or did Simon make a comment when the boy's performed about AJ's sexual preference? I may have just been reading way too much into things. Did anyone else catch it?

Cheri A Contributor
Am I crazy or did Simon make a comment when the boy's performed about AJ's sexual preference? I may have just been reading way too much into things. Did anyone else catch it?

hmm.. I must have missed that. We tivo'd and just watched it this weekend. I'll have to go back and see.

I am very disappointed in last night. But this is the first time I've ever watched from the auditions on through. I usually don't even start watching until the top 12 are picked.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

How did none of the judges know the song Blake did was 311!!

Ok and now as I'm typing this Simon said that he didn't like Sundance doing Pearl Jam's, Jeremy because it sounded like he was shouting the whole song. Ummmmm, has he never heard Pearl Jam or that song. I didn't particularly love the rendition myself, but the song basically is a controlled shouting.

I just completely lost faith in Simon, Paula and Randy.

Jo.R Contributor

The show hasn't started here yet, but Paula is a flake, Randy is too wishy washy, and although I think he is right most of the time, Simon is too full of it. I would love to see them get a strong woman in Paula's place. I think it would shake it up some. Paula is too nice, in a way that isn't helpful to the contestents.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I lost faith in Randy long ago, Paula is like a puppet and agrees with him and Simon...well is Simon...cocky.

Last night, I can't help much, my lazy butt fell asleep half-way through. I caught Blake....I really liked it. Sundance should not have picked Pearl Jam, and Simon's comments on that song....does he not know Pearl Jam? How can he judge a show when he does not know how songs are actually sung.

Sanjaya was not my favorite and I really liked him in the begining but he has not shown me anything since. I missed Phil. but John said he wasn't as good.

What did you guys think of Chris Richardson?

Guhlia Rising Star

I love Chris Richardson, but he was NOT my favorite last night. I definitely agree with Randy that Chris Sligh had the best performance of the night. The guys really sucked I thought. If I didn't have a three year old climbing all over me, I probably would have fallen asleep too. It was totally lame last night. I didn't even think Blake did very well last night, and he's my favorite guy. Forgive me for sounding like Simon, but I was just plain 'ol bored and glad when the show was over. I hope the girls bring it tonight. HOW CAN THEY ALL BE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AND NOT HAVE HEARD THAT 311 SONG?!?!?!?!?!?!

As for the judges, I really like Simon. I think he's over the top and rude, but that's all just for ratings. He's playing a character and he does it quite well. I think Paula's in there to counteract Simon's rude comments so the kids don't feel so bad if they take them personally. Though, I have to admit, I think the kids all know it's television and they know that Simon has to be like that. I really like Randy too. Did anyone else notice him reading something as he was trying to give comments? Are those comments actually scripted? He kept looking off to the side like he was reading...

Cottage-Soul Apprentice

Chris Richardson is one of my favorites, I like his voice. He seems like a genuinely nice kid as well.

I have to agree the guys were boring last night. ZZZZ... Hope the girls are more entertaining.

confused Community Regular
Chris Richardson is one of my favorites, I like his voice. He seems like a genuinely nice kid as well.

I have to agree the guys were boring last night. ZZZZ... Hope the girls are more entertaining.

I was bored last night to, if i wasnt flipping back and forth with an lifetime movie, i would have fallen asleep. I cant even say one performance actually stood out last night. It is evern hard to tell who will be voted out, if it was just from last night, i would think they would all would be voted off. I so hope the girls are much better tonight.

paula

Jo.R Contributor

The guys were sooooo boaring. I loved Blake even though I'd never heard the song (but I'm not in music, and listen to clasic rock). Chris S. rocked. He is such a good singer. Chris R. is growing on me. At first I thight he reminded me of KFed, but it just came to me yesterday. He looks just like a his I use to know who was such a punk. I've been having a hard time getting past that.

Archived