Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hillyb6

Esophgatist?

ok my 8yr dd had her endoscop and colonoscopy done today and they ruled out crohns

but we wont have the biopsy results back for a few days to a week

they did find grade 4 errosion of her esophgus and some gastrist in her stomach

can that be related to celiacs? or is that seperate issues altogether

another thing i am shocked about is they are testing her for crohns and celiac but as she came to they offered her nothing but glutton

what if she was celiac they had only chex mix, gold fisha nd grammy bears for her to eat arghhhhhhhh

i said she cant have those they make her stomach hurt they were surprised and said well thats all we have

and this is a childrens hospital right before she went in a little 3yrold was having his scope done and had a huge post on his celiac blood panel so i

wonder if they fed him glutton too

:(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/sba...giphotos1-1.jpg

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ok my 8yr dd had her endoscop and colonoscopy done today and they ruled out crohns

but we wont have the biopsy results back for a few days to a week

they did find grade 4 errosion of her esophgus and some gastrist in her stomach

can that be related to celiacs? or is that seperate issues altogether

another thing i am shocked about is they are testing her for crohns and celiac but as she came to they offered her nothing but glutton

what if she was celiac they had only chex mix, gold fisha nd grammy bears for her to eat arghhhhhhhh

i said she cant have those they make her stomach hurt they were surprised and said well thats all we have

and this is a childrens hospital right before she went in a little 3yrold was having his scope done and had a huge post on his celiac blood panel so i

wonder if they fed him glutton too

:(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/sba...giphotos1-1.jpg

when nicole went in for her scope they found she also has gastritis and esophagitis also she is on prevacid now and doing great with it. When she woke up they just offered her a popsicle because they dont really want them to eat alot or heavy for a while. Maybe they figure since you don't know yet what does it matter. But it does matter especially if it hurts them. Nicole came back celiac even though they couldn't see it before the biopsy results came back.

I hope all goes well for you now on.

Celina

Nicole- 3 yrs old Positive Celiac Blood test- 6/21/2006 //// Normal result: <20,,,Nicole-80

Positive Biopsy for Celiac- 7/17/2006

Gluten-Free Since - 7/22/2006

Alivia- 7 years- old Positive Celiac blood test-Aug. 2006////Normal result:<4,,,Alivia-32.

Biopsy showed positive for Celiac Disease and moderate to severe damage (Blood Work for both girls were done in different labs that is why they are different)

Gluten free since:Dec.2006

when nicole went in for her scope they found she also has gastritis and esophagitis also she is on prevacid now and doing great with it. When she woke up they just offered her a popsicle because they dont really want them to eat alot or heavy for a while. Maybe they figure since you don't know yet what does it matter. But it does matter especially if it hurts them. Nicole came back celiac even though they couldn't see it before the biopsy results came back.

I hope all goes well for you now on.

Celina

hannah been on previcid 30mg since sept its clearly not helping so i guess we try soemthing else now

My son has duodentitis and is on Nexium...works well.

We had that experience too at a Childrens hospital - offered a sandwich :blink:

When Kathryn was reovering form her appendectomy - she had nothing to eat for 2 days because she was sick (vomiting) then had surgery...offered her jello the first day and then - get this - her first real food is not rice or soup or someting easy to digest. Kathryn said it almost made her sick looking at it - a huge plate with 2 pieces of chicken, fries (which no one knew if they were cross contaminated), and carrots. Kathryn refused it all because the fries had touched the other food on the plate. She was labeled as "difficult eater"

Any time a hospital stay is involved, I throw in some handy "stand bys" of gluten free products.

Sandy

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

daughter is: age 15

central hypotonia and developmental delay

balance issues (rides an adult 3 wheel bike)

hypothyroid 1996

dermatographia - a form of angioedema 2002

celiac 2004 - by endoscopy

diagnosed Aspergers at age 7 - responded very well (HUGE difference) to gluten-free diet

recovered from Kawasaki (2003)

lactose intolerant - figured out in Oct/06

Gilberts syndrome (April/07)

allergy to stinging insects

scoliosis Jan 2008

nightshade intolerance - figured out April 2008

allergy to Sulfa antibiotics

son is 13

type 1 diabetic - 2003 diagnosed on his 9th birthday

celiac - 2004 by endoscopy

lactose intolerant - figured out Nov/06

yah well that is basically what they fed hannah too after her surgery was nothing but gluten so wonder she had amigraine and pain but she was on soo much pain meds proably good thing

i am shocked that kids that were in there with pos blood test for celiacs were being offered nothing but gluten now for my dd its unclear but last night she ate chicken nuggets and was sick with in the hour i woudlnt have fed her that but i wasnt home either daddy let her pick what she wanted since she had to endure her testing that day sigh

he is not on the wagon about the gluten free or even gluten light he says he is but then he feed her chicken nuggets and calls to find out where her meds are to help her stomach pains

Guest cassidy

Reflux is one of my main symptoms when I'm glutened. I had surgery for it when I was 10 but it came back. Now that I'm gluten-free I only get reflux if I eat gluten. Even a crumb will make me reflux for about 3 weeks. You may find that after she goes gluten-free the reflux will go away over time.

It is crazy that hospitals offer food that you can't eat. I told my doctor that I suspected celiac and went gluten-free. They sent me in for a test where they watch you swallow a bagel and marshmallow. I brought my own gluten-free bagel because they would have expected me to eat a gluten filled bagel if I hadn't. I'm pregnant and decided that I'm bringing my food from home for when I'm in the hospital. Too many people here had horror stories about what the hospitals fed them.

Good luck and hope she feels better!

Guest aparde

Hi! I am so sorry for this. I am sure she feels aweful!! Reflux has taken a tole on our lives! My son who is 12 months has horrible reflux that has caused breathing problems, laryangomalatia, unalbe to swallow foods, pnuemonias, apnea spells, severe esophagitis... ya he has had it bad.

My daughter has celiac and so they will be testing him for that but they haven't done it yet. I am only nursing him and they are talking about a feeding tube right now. I didn't really know until recently that gluten went through breast milk and I have had a hard time with my digestive system since he was born. I have gone off gluten for about a week now but no change yet. Maybe he will turn around.

I hope she feels better soon!!!