Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic

Son May Have Been Glutened

Hi, I believe my son has been glutened because while we still do occassionaly have constipation, he is currently in a constipation "episode" that strongly resembles our bad days. He is in tremendous discomfort both in his stomach and his "butt". Yesterday he spent 3 hours in the morning trying to poop (in one shot, never got up). He has dark circles and is overall very tired. My question is as follows: I know that when people have diarrhea as their primary Celiac symptom the symptoms can come on right away after eating gluten. But is it different with constipation because it takes a while to actually back up? I am trying to figure out where the possible culprit is and am not sure how far back I should be looking. Any advice from anyone with constipation and Celiac experience would be helpful.

Nicole

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, I believe my son has been glutened because while we still do occassionaly have constipation, he is currently in a constipation "episode" that strongly resembles our bad days. He is in tremendous discomfort both in his stomach and his "butt". Yesterday he spent 3 hours in the morning trying to poop (in one shot, never got up). He has dark circles and is overall very tired. My question is as follows: I know that when people have diarrhea as their primary Celiac symptom the symptoms can come on right away after eating gluten. But is it different with constipation because it takes a while to actually back up? I am trying to figure out where the possible culprit is and am not sure how far back I should be looking. Any advice from anyone with constipation and Celiac experience would be helpful.

Nicole

We were dealing with constipation again this morning I gave her her miralax and she went but she hasn't been eating much the last week or so. I hope she isn't getting another bug. but is he on miralax? I haven't had to use it in a while but had to today. She was really straining.

I hope he goes soon for you have you tried a stool softener?

Celina

Nicole- 3 yrs old Positive Celiac Blood test- 6/21/2006 //// Normal result: <20,,,Nicole-80

Positive Biopsy for Celiac- 7/17/2006

Gluten-Free Since - 7/22/2006

Alivia- 7 years- old Positive Celiac blood test-Aug. 2006////Normal result:<4,,,Alivia-32.

Biopsy showed positive for Celiac Disease and moderate to severe damage (Blood Work for both girls were done in different labs that is why they are different)

Gluten free since:Dec.2006

We were dealing with constipation again this morning I gave her her miralax and she went but she hasn't been eating much the last week or so. I hope she isn't getting another bug. but is he on miralax? I haven't had to use it in a while but had to today. She was really straining.

I hope he goes soon for you have you tried a stool softener?

Celina

Hi, he is on Miralax everyday. 17 grams a day to be exact. He was doing well but over the past month he got hit first with a stomach bug and then with a supper bad cold which both left him eating and drinking very little. At first I thought he got backed up from having been sick and not drinking enough but now that he looks so bad I wonder if it is gluten.

Nicole